Monday, March 28, 2011

Steam-Powered Chris Isaak & Computer!

Hi!

Well. A little late. I had every good intention of checking in yesterday evening but my poor little computer was tied up updating and backing itself up. It took allllllll day and I was scared to interrupt it because I’d already seen the blue sc
reen of death twice. I think we’re nearly there….. Once everything is backed up and I can get stuff off its mind, then it should be able to play nicer, kinda like people! But here we are – the evening is lovely and cool (finally), the lorikeets are out there chattering away at full steam, I think they like the weather too. It’s the end of March and it’s only now finally starting to cool off. Hooray! Sadly, no jazz tunes or awkward show tunes radio show. But got the cool glass of white wine (same as last week, I think I may have found a keeper), life is good!

So work. Yep. Still pretty quiet. I’ve been thrown a couple teeny little busy-work/babysitting things
and I hear there might be something to edit in a few weeks, but I won’t know until it lands on my desk like a pile of bricks. So until then they have me doing a couple little things. Ok. Whatever it takes to keep the day moving along!

And then there was the weekend. Saturday was chores galore. It’s always good when the little apt i
s clean, not that it ever gets that bad. One of my tasks this weekend was to start my list of things to sell on eBay, but with the poor little computer struggling to update itself I couldn’t. But once I get some of the things sold, I can streamline even more! Hooray! Not that I have that much stuff, I’ve been pretty good, ‘course, I have no space for anything so I’ve had no choice. But it’ll be good to have a slight change of scenery and if I can make a bit of dough too, even better! So yes, it was chores all day before I could go to the Chris Isaak concert with Kim over at Riverstage (my fave venue ever!)! Well. We had really good seats but they were too good because we were so close but off to the side so when the show started everyone stood up and we couldn’t see squat. Being short doesn’t help at all. So I just sat in my seat, listening, getting a glimpse now and then and drank my little plastic cup of wine. The show (music) was pretty good, as always, but it was pretty much the exact same show I saw a few years ago and the same show Kim saw a couple of years ago, from the audience banter to the set list. And this show I think they were way low on steam, they seemed tired and beat, and again, like last times, this was their last stop before heading back to the US. So while the weather was perfect, the crowd was good (minus the standing idiots), the show was just ok. Now I love Chris Isaak, but after these shows, meh, I might not knock myself out to see him again. Maybe give it a few more years for him to shake up the set list and come up with new banter! He even needs to update his website too from the looks of things! Hmmm.

And then Sunday. Computer maintenance day and basically not much else, sadly. But it has to be
done because spending a few weekends cleaning it all up is a lot cheaper than buying a whole new computer! So there you go. Kind of boring and exciting all in one. Mainly boring, but there it is. Gotta save for NZ in a few weeks!

So, hope you’re all well up there. Drop a line and tell me your news! And let me know when you’ve booked your tickets to come visit because heaven knows I ain’t coming back up there for a while! Time for folks to c’mon down and visit me on my patch for once! Hooray!


BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...