Sunday, April 03, 2011

Adapting & Cleaning Before the Invasion.....!

Hi!

Well. Sunday evening. The day has been lovely, cool and breezy, even had some rain while it was sunny.
Wierd, but I guess that's awkward Autumn, not sure if it's supposed to be hot and humid as hell or cool and rainy - so during the week it'll do both! There aren't too many birds out there chattering away, but then maybe because the weather's nice they're off getting stuff done, or whatever they do to keep themselves busy during the day...... But I have a nice, cool, glass of the standby white wine, the strange show tunes radio show is on, playing some strange 1950's musical numbers having to do with the horoscope and, um, Xmas...... Hmm. You can't say this show isn't dull! Life is good!

So work. Yep. Still quiet. They've asked me to fill out a "Performance Management Plan". Hmm, ok. I know how these things end up. Such an exercise in futility because nothing constructive but bad usually comes of these things, no matter how trivial the things you put in it are. Whatever. I brought it home to do over the weekend but when I looked at it this morning I thought I'd better save it for something to do at work, that way I can have something to do during the day. I did bring in some editing from home (funny when you have to bring work from home to work to keep busy), and got a fair bit done there. That was an awesome way to pass the day for once - having something to do! So I'll fill out this plan stuff tomorrow. Otherwise, all's the same and quiet. Still, happy to have a place to be everyday! Fingers crossed my performance is managed well to plan....... Will keep you posted!

And then the weekend. Dead quiet. Cemeteries are more exciting. Oh, that's not entirely true, I cleaned most of the day yesterday, and the dead can't clean..... Can they? You always hear of ghosts making a mess, do you ever hear of ghosts who tidy? Hmm. So yes, cleaned most of the day in preparation for another invasion (inspection) this week by the new rental agency. Sigh. At least the little place is clean and tidier than it normally is. Now just have to hide the evidence of the illegal roommate............. Hopefully this will be the last invasion for a while. In my 5 years here I'll never get used to these "inspections". It just doesn't make sense, especially if the tenant has been there for a few years and nothing has ever be amiss. Hmmm. They'd never get away with this stuff in New York City - the agencies'd be pulled up for harassment! I wish. Oh well. This'll give the new agency a chance to see what a shitbox this place actually is. Afterwards we'll just have to watch this space and count the minutes until they raise our rent, regardless that I have a hole the size of my foot in my living-room floor....... Hmm.

And then today, Sunday. Even quieter than yesterday. Little bit of tidying but mainly more computer maintenance stuff on the little backup computer. Once I got most of it updated I started to adapt a novel into a screenplay. Never done it before. What a fun challenge this is going to be! Am adapting my favorite Ian Rankin / Rebus novel "Black and Blue" into a film because his stuff has only been made into hour and a half made-for-tv movies that generally suck. None of them have been made into proper films, so I've taken my favorite and am gonna give it the ol' college try. Why the hell not?! Got nothing to lose but a bit of wrist movement and time! And can you just imagine if Rankin likes it??? In my head I've cast Gerard Butler as Rebus. He's a bit young, but with a little makeup and the right lighting, man he'd be good........ But I gotta get the thing written first!

And that's about that! Quiet but productive in a way. I save more money by
not being exciting. Will be exciting in a couple weeks time when I head over to the Land of the Long Wet Cloud! And yeah, I have a swish hotel for a few days, all paid for, so if any of you find yourselves in Auckland, give me a call! Otherwise, hope you're all well up there! Drop a line so I know I'm not writing this for my health every Sunday. Because I know what I've done all week/end, I have no idea what you folks are up to! And hurry up and get your flights down here before Southwest's planes all peel apart and drop out of the sky and Qantas raises the price of jet-fuel until only Sultans can fly!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...