Sunday, March 06, 2011

Steak with Strauss...!

Hi!

Well. Here we are. Sunday early evening. Missed last week - it was a busy weekend and couldn't make it in time....... But am here now! The evening is cool and very breezy, a
nice change from what it's been - rain and hothothot. The birds are out there gasbagging away. Crows, they're like frat guys and they don't shut up. The lorikeets are returning with the cooler weather, which of course means they'll be waking me up before my alarm. Although we're now into Autumn, so I might just beat them to the alarm..... And yes, tonight's goofy show tunes show seems to be moody soundtracks to depressing movies... ooops, spoke too soon, now they've gone into some Gwenyth Paltrow warbling tune.... hmm. What a weird show this is. Maybe that's why they have the groovy jazz show on right after, to redeem the preceding show. Hmmm. And yes, there's the glass of wine, red this evening, Hardys RR cabernet sauvignon, because it's actually cool enough to drink red wine. It's not bad really, an old standard stand-by. So yes, we have the wine, the breeze and almost time for groovy jazz tunes - life is good!

So work. Yep. Is good. Still not a whole lot to do, but I have a plan to try and get my name on some kind of "global list" of editors within Boeing (if one exists) where hopefully I can help other bid/proposal editors around the world (providing I can speak the language), who might need a hand if they have too much work. We'll see. Otherwise, all's well. We have a new young gal starting tomorrow, she's taking the place of one of the pregnant gals who's gone away to have her first kid. So next week should be interesting. Hooray I won't be the new kid anymore!

And then the weekend(s). Last weekend was really quite good. Saturday I met my friend Jan for dinner at The Fox pub, in their Smokehouse restaurant, which was an American southern-style
steak and rib place. Meh, I had the pulled pork, the BBQ sauce was waaaaaaaay too sweet and waaaaaaaay too much of it. The teeny, most cutest piece of cornbread I've ever seen was soaked in butter, it was like a butter sponge, I couldn't eat it, and I can eat cornbread like a gal starved in the desert. And the coleslaw was basically cabbage and pure mayonnaise - Yuck. So I have to say that that dinner was a fail. But catching up with Jan is always fun. And then we were off to the QPAC (Qld Performing Arts Centre) and their Concert Hall to go see the Johann Strauss Ensemble. It was really really good, but then I love that kind of stuff. I must go to those kinds of shows more often. I always feel smarter after a show like that.... hmmmm. It was such a good night out!

And Sunday I met my friend Dom at the Belgian Beer Cafe for a couple glasses of, well, Belgian beer, and then we were off to catch up with his friend Charlie before he headed out for 2 weeks in Mexico. Needless to say the evening went way too late and there was way too much wine involved for a school-night. Which is why I couldn't check-in that evening. And Monday, well, I was just too tired at work to think "creatively", which is basically why I'm checking in this weekend. Just can't party on a school night like I usedtacould!

And then there was this weekend. Pretty much the polar opposite of
the previous weekend. A few chores, napping, reading, a few DVD's, and lots and lots of computer maintenance. My poor little laptop. It's 5&1/2 years old now, ancient by today's computer geeks. It's still going strong tho (after it's brain transplant last year), if not slow. I really shouldn't have to buy a new computer......... But computer's today have faster, well, everything...... That is a purchase for a later date........ ssshhhhhh.......... I don't want it to know I'm thinking of looking, it'll die and then I'll really be in trouble.........

And that's about that! Not a lot to report unfortunately, but that's how it is at the moment. Remember how I said I wanted to do at least one interesting/fun thing a month this year? Well, even little Strauss concerts count. And this month's fun will be to go see Chris Isaak (again)! And then come April, well, nothing scheduled yet, maybe I'll do that indoor rock climbing course I've been wanting to do.....??? Will keep you posted! Otherwise, I hope you're all well up there! As you know I have no vacation time until sometime next year, and even then I'm heading over to England, so if you want to catch up, well, you'll just have to come to me for once! Hurry before the gas prices start to affect planes, if they haven't already!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...