Monday, May 31, 2010

Mountains of Tamborines and Wine!

Hi!


Well. Checking in late, again. Am sorry. This time I have no good excuse other than I just plain wasn’t in the mood. Actually, I was busy being artistic – I made my very first ever lino-cut print! Neeeeeat. So my mind was in that sort of artsy mode as opposed to semi-interesting chatty writing mode. But here we are!


So work. Yep. Miraculously still here…… so far……..! Writing this from work as it so happens. Only because I have nothing to do. Literally. For the time being. Course I’ve had nothing to do since last week….. But I’ve actually just now found out that they want to keep me around for another month or so to help with some editing in another section of the same department I’ve been in… if that makes any sense. So I have work for another month-ish! HOORAY! I was a bit worried there last week, and even today coming in I had no idea if the gal that thought she might want me to help would want me or not! But have had a few meetings this morning and they’re so excited I’m here to help, even tho am still not entirely sure what it is exactly I’ll be doing/editing…….. Heck, I’m just happy to have some place to be for the next month and even happier to be doing real-life editing (and not just some menial crapola)! Hooray! So, whew, bullet dodged for now!


And then the weekend. Friday was quiet, laundry, got to get in early to beat the weekend rush. We only have the one washing machine (takes 45 minutes to wash….. like forever in laundry-land time) and one dryer……. And besides, not having a TV, it’s not like I was missing any movies or shows! Sad.


But now Saturday, Saturday was way coooool! My friend Dom got a group of us together to go up to Mt. Tamborine for a winery tour in honor of his birthday last week! Hooray! Such a good idea. The weather was pretty poop most of the time but it didn’t matter, we had wine and beer and schnapps! It was really neat up there. Never been to Mt. Tamborine. Have heard of it, been on my list of places to go, but never had the chance/reason until now! It’s about an hour’s drive south of town, towards the Gold Coast but inland. In fact, from the last winery we went to, Heritage Wines (and had a totally awesome sooooo good lunch), once the fog and clouds kinda cleared you could see the buildings at the Gold Coast and the sea beyond – was very pretty. We only went for the day but would love to spend a weekend up there checking everything out without rushing. The first winery we hit was Cedar Creek Estate, a nice little place and a very informative presentation and tasting (needless to say I didn’t like any of their wines. Shame.). Then we were off to the MT Brewery – where we tried I think all of their beers. Pretty good I thought, for a brewery on top of a mountain, tho kinda hard to drink that many beers (even if they did come in teeny glasses) in such a short amount of time at 11 in the morning! Then we piled back into the little van and went to a really cool little distillery called, inventively enough the Tamborine Mountain Distillery. It was way totally cool. So unique. Entirely family owned and operated. They even hand paint all the bottles. Never saw a place like it. Gooooooooood stuff too, but way expensive, as I guess you’d expect. I was tempted to buy a couple bottles of schnapps but once I did the math I decided perhaps another time! And after that we headed over to the last winery, Heritage Wines where we had our awesome lunch and our last wine tasting with the lovely view, once the clouds and fog blew away. And then next thing we knew we were back in Brisbane! Seemed to go so quick! Now I know I want to go up there for a weekend and check it all out some more. It was just really cool.


And then Sunday. Ran some errands and got started with my little lino-cut printing experiment. Pretty quiet day really, which is just fine for a Sunday!


So there you have it! See? Get job – have Adventure. I knew it’d happen sooner or later! Hooray! Which reminds me, you should come on down for a visit while I have a job and am able to go on Adventures! C’mon down – it’ll be fun!


BYE!

J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...