Sunday, August 23, 2009

Vacation in 5... 4... 3...

Hi!


Well. Sunday evening. The few birds that are still awake are out there are twittering away like they’ll forget by tomorrow what they were going to say. I wonder if the other birds, the ones trying to get to sleep, just sit there and think “man I wish Fred would shut up already about that stupid big bug he ate today…”. Hmmm. But, I have my chilled glass of wine, some interesting jazz tunes on the radio, life is good!


So work. Yeah. Sigh. One more week to go, for better or for worse. I must say, I was ready for a vacation (permanent or not) at least a year ago. Careful what you wish for! I will say tho, I’m going to miss the folks I work with (most of them anyways), they are a good group of people, some of the better I’ve worked with, so will be sad to not have them in my everyday….. Oh well. Hopefully the next gig will have nice people too!!!?


And then the weekend. Ahhhhhh. Productive. Saturday was up and out of the house early to go out to the ‘hood of Springwood to get mah already pretty short hair cut before The Trip, cos I don’t want to show up looking like my head is a big toe. It’s very short, tho I like to call it “streamlined”. Then I had a good long wander through Target where I managed to pick up a couple outfits that are semi-hip and groovy and scrunchable – perfect for traveling!


And then today, also quite productive in a housecleaning kinda way. Got all the laundry done, all the scrubbing and mopping of stuff, then it was time to meet Hasse and his friend Mai for a very nice lunch at a very small Vietnamese restaurant in West End. Was nice to catch up, very relaxing to just sit in the breeze and gasbag about future vacations (she’s off to India in Oct!) and, just, stuff. Short lunch tho, had to get back to bring in happy clean laundry, make the bed and write mah blog!


Otherwise, that’s pretty much that. The weekend was pretty good and relaxing considering it’s my last free one until I leave. I’ve been trying to get stuff done daily instead of the last minute panic rush. I’m nearly all ready to go, just need to transfer some monies and call the airline to make sure we’re still going! Looking at our travel schedule, we’re not going to have time to breathe let alone stop to write mah little blog every Sunday. If I can even so much as write a brief blurb, I’ll sure try. Otherwise, I’ll see you at the same time, same place on the 4th of October!!!! Eeeeeeeeeek! Seems so far away but I just know it will go so fast! Hope you’re all well up there – see you sooooon!!!!!! And if you happen to be in the neighborhood, stop by and say hi!


BYE!

J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...