Sunday, August 02, 2009

My God It's August Already.

Hi!

Well. Here it is yet again, Sunday evening. Chores are done. Little apartment is clean, laundry is washed and hiding in the dresser and closet, Kona, like clockwork, beat up the neighbor cat as the sun was setting (no cats were harmed in this sunset entertainment), got
a glass of wine, an amazing Edith Piaf cd drowning out the party the neighbors have started up downstairs (earplugs again tonight), life is good!

So work. Yep. Is fine. Nice because I have allllll the time in the world to look and apply for new jobs. Funny tho, I applied for two today in under an hour, yet it took me most of the week to apply for one... Oh, it could just be having to do work while I'm still at work getting in the way I suppose. That's ok, the few things that haven't been divvied out to others are all quick and easy, sometimes it's just making a phone call. Sigh. I miss my old job, but, change is good and we have no choice but to move on!

And then the weekend. Started off pretty cool with the nice folks from work, we all piled into a couple cars and changed our after work drinks venue to the Breakfast Creek Hotel, over in the 'hood of Newstead (is strangely nice, with lots of fancy pants apartment buildings and lots of warehouses, right next to each other, next to the river). That is one huge pub(s). Boy, if Americans think they have the corner on big things, Australians have the market on massive, city-block-sized pubs. In fact, I wouldn't call them quaint little conventional pubs, I'd call them drinking/eating complexes. And did I bring mah camera? No. But will go again as they're meant to have some of the best steaks in town. Hmmm. So we stayed there for quite a while...... Enough for a few beers and 3 bottles of wine. Whew. It was a fantastic evening because before we sat down we all agreed that under no circumstance were we to even mutter one little word about work - and what do you know - we didn't and we just laughed and laughed and talked about stuff the whole time. It was nice. Fun. Am gonna miss working with these guys.......

Then it was Saturday morning. A little slow to get started and up and going. Darn that Merlot for being good enough to drink. Didn't manage to do much but w
ander around the house thinking of the chores that needed doing. In the end I ended up on the couch starting to watch the afternoon TV movie "Arthur", when the text came through to meet a friend down in Southbank for pizza. Now I'm no girl to turn down pizza, and no hangover was gonna stop me from woodfired pizza and good company! It was a most lovely afternoon/evening, which ended a bit early owing to the fact that we were both perhaps still suffering a little from the previous evening. I was amazed at how busy Southbank is in the evenings on a Saturday. Course, I don't get out in the evenings much, and I haven't spent much time in Southbank since I quit working ages ago at the school down there.... Southbank in the evening is actually quite cool and buzzy busy. When you come down here for that visit, we'll go there for dinner one evening!

And then today. Busy. Chores are all done. I think because the weather is getting nicer and nicer (even tho it's still winter) I'm having the urge to spring clean and throw stuff out. I kinda have a 6 month rule about carting around stuff - if I haven't needed it, looked at it, or even thought about it in 6 months, it goes to a new home via the big metal donation boxes found in parking lots all over town. Yeah! I think that's gonna be next weekend's chore.

And that's that. Overall a very nice and productive weekend under gorgeous weather. I managed to apply for one job on Friday and 2 today, so fingers crossed! I hope you're all well up there. Hang around if you can (curse you Sheldon and Scarlett for being in Sydney when I'm there! Never mind, Sydney's pretty cool and you can come again next year!!!), I'll be there soon, even if it is just blowing through town! It'll be fun and the girls and I are looking forward to it the closer departure day gets! HOORAY!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...