Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend for Me!

Hi!

Well. Here we are again, Sunday evening, twittering lorikeets, lovely breeze, cold beer, Ahhhhhh mid-winter in Queensland! Boy, after 3 years in NYC and then 4 in NZ, this
kind of winter just never gets old, even if I have been here 3 & ½ years. I suppose it goes back to growing up in San Diego’s climate……

So work. Yep. It’s good. My project really is at the printing house being printed and burned, soon to be shipped out to fire stations all over Queensland and loaded up onto all fire computers. Yes, am happy it’s finally finished and away! But as far as any other projects, well, have been given the red light on those, soooooooo now my big project is to apply for as many jobs between now and the 28th of August! Shame, but there it is.

And then the weekend! Waaahhoooo! 4-day weekend! Took Thursday and Friday off in honor of ME! Thursday was mah birthday, and I never work on mah birthday if I can help it, is Work Rule #1. So chatted on the phone, catching up with folks in the States, then quickly got ready to go meet some folks to see the new Harry Potter movie (ooooooooh, was goooooood!) then we walked down the road to Gambaro’s for a fantastic and very posh seafood dinner, followed by ice cream at Cold Rock down in the ‘hood of Rosalie afterwards. Ahhhhh, it was a very quiet but very lovely birthday. Now, next year, hopefully, is going to be a different story, am planning it already (I have to cos it’s gonna cost me that much to do it how I want to!)! This year had to be a bit quiet because of The Trip and impending unemployment, which is why next year has to be doubly bitchin’!

And then Friday. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh up and out early to go to Ikea and eat their cheap breakfast! Hooray! Been meaning to go there for a wee while now as I’ve really needed some new sheets, light bulbs, and just little bits of stuff. I stupidly bought a reallyreally nice mohair-mix throw blanket for the couch – what an absolute mistake that is. If I thought I had problems staying awake as it is with no blankie….. I also picked up a new pillow, bloody expensive but so far sooooooo good! My first step in trying to solve the mystery of my kinks and aches and headaches…..! Then, errands all run and money definitely all spent, dashed home to meet Sarah for post/pre-birthday lunch (hers is Monday) at the Botanical Gardens, not far from my house! Ahhhh it was lovely! If you come for a visit, we’re going there. Tummies happily full we had a good and thorough wander through the place. It was excellent. Really really nice. Unfortunately I didn’t think to bring my camera, so the few photos I took were with my little cell phone…. Ehhh, not toooo bad for a telephone!

And then Saturday. Nothing. Rested. Did research for mah birthday next year……Read my book about Bartholomew Roberts – biggest, bestest pirate in the 1700’s. It’s really good; I’m even thinking of writing it into a movie because it’s that fascinating. Was just nice for one day not to have to run around. My wallet was happy to have the rest too.

And today, last day of a very lovely weekend. Weather was gorgeous and sunny, and magically I had itchy feet to go for a good long walk, haven’t done that in ages. And it just so happened that the Northern Busway was having it’s Open Day – a chance for anyone interested to go for a walk along the whole busway (the bits that are finished anyways), cos otherwise it’s death by bus or a big fine from the transit police. So I headed over to check it out as I’ve never been keen enough to scope out a new piece of public road transport. I went mainly because I’ve been taking this particular bus to work for the last couple of years and have watched them build this thing from nothing. So have been really curious to see it finished. And to get to walk around in it – cool! So I went and had a good long walk around in it (neat) and took probably way too many pictures of a boring cement busway, so thus satisfied, I headed off through my old ‘hood of Spring Hill (still nice, wish I still lived there), took myself up through town and finally up through Paddington to home. Whew! Am outta shape, need to get out and walk more, have become way lazy. Sad. Will be one of my new year resolutions!

And that’s that! Sooooo nice to have a bit of a break to do stuff I want to when the stores are open and to not have to rush. I know, I shouldn’t say things like that when I’m looking at nothing but never-ending free time on my hands due to unemployment…… But for now, it’s just nice. And speaking of free time, if you happen to find yourself with any around October, come on down, I’ll show you around! Hurry while Qantas is still having their cheap airfare sale!!!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...