Sunday, September 07, 2008

Wine, Chinese Food & Lutes

Hi!

Well. That week was almost kinda painful. I knew it was going to be that kind of week, which was why I took Monday off as a sick day. Couldn't bear it. And yet the week still
dragged. Hmmm. Guess you get those now and then. Plus, it rained nearly every day, which was good, and now we're into spring!

So work. Yep. Is going well minus the co-worker with the nose out of joint. Someday they'll just have to grow up and get over it all already. But, I'm doing a fine job, I reallyreally like my job and everyone I work with (well, 99.1% of them). So there! Am almost finished with the project have been working on so will be pretty happy when that goes to the printing house and even happier after it's been distributed! And then it's onto one of the next 20 other 'projects' on my growing list! Hooray!

And then there was the weekend. Friday I met Cindy and Janette for a couple glasses of wine and some really damn good Chinese food in Southbank. Saturday was chores, and then Natasha and I went on a mini-train adventure to almost Ipswich (Booval station to be exact); took about 40 minutes due west of the city. Her friend Jo was having a BBQ and she's always coming into town for stuff so we thought it'd be nice to see her on her own turf. Didn't really know anyone apart from Natasha and Jo as all of the people there work together. But man, they were all really nice and friendly. They're all town planners for the City of Ipswich. Cool. Build more parks!

And then today Natasha and I ran around Stones Corner (little 'burb with a strip of discount retail shops, like Colorado, etc) spending money like we've inherited it. I bought some sandals, pyjamas, and two pairs of jeans. Which is kinda dumb considering that summer will be here in like a week (or so it feels, even tho we're only a week into spring), but my other jeans are this close to just dissolving next time I wash them. And then I splurged and bought a 'new' Sting CD (yeah, I kinda like him, what's it to ya?) as am going to see him when he comes to town Dec 1st. Tho it's not a "STING" gig per se, it's for his & his collaborator's Edin Karamazov cd called "Songs from the Labyrinth" which is based on John Dowland's (a 16th century Elizabethan songwriter) songs and letters, all played on lute and archlute. It's really interesting and really unique for any huge artist like him. Most of these guys go down a jazz road, which he's done a couple times, but pure vocals and lute? It's neat. It was rated one of the highest debuting classical cd's in recent times (#1 on Billboard's classical for 15 weeks and top selling classical album of both '06 & '07, they're not messin' around)! So if you're into that kinda stuff, I highly recommend it.

Oh, I forgot to mention last time why it took me so long to get back on the air. Optus, my phone company. Need I say more? They're all the bloody same
no matter what part of the world you're in. So yeah. That's what took so long. Don't ask.

So there you go. Everything else is fine. The little scooter, the rare chances I take it out (weather willing, usually), is fine. Kona the Cat is really fine, still keeping me entertained. The "new" little apartment still has a fair bit of painting yet to be done. But all in time. Am bad, didn't do any this weekend. And it was my goal to finish off a room and its trim every weekend. Oh well. Regardless, it still looks miles better than it did and am still pretty happy to be up here (note to self: must take photos)!

And that's that! Hope you're all well up there. Now that I have my internet connection back, and seeing as I have no time du
ring the day at work, I must catch up on the emails. Sorry for the delay! But keep dropping those lines, it's always really good to hear(!) familiar voices!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...