Sunday, August 31, 2008

Back on the Airwaves!

Hi!

Well. Long time no catch-up! It has been all go since moving day, which was, like, last month it seems. Whew! And it's still kind of
going on in that I have yet to unpack a few boxes (meaning: I need to buy a bookshelf which will then solve my 3 stray boxes problem....), still painting, still settling. But I really quite like my new digs, even if it is a bit dumpy!

So. Work. Yeah. Has been busybusybusy. But very good. I got to spend two days at the busiest fire station in Queensland (Kemp Place Fire Station, just in the city) to "observe" the systems they use and how it all works. Aaaaannnd, I got to ride around with them in the fire trucks for call-outs! Wow! It was coooooooool! Nothing exciting happened and even if there had I would've had to stay near the truck, didn't want to get in the way or in trouble! But otherwise, work has been good. Busy, which is good, makes the days go by fast.

And the "new" apartment. It's good, coming along. I really like it. It's much better than the last place. No more Monster Boy stomping
around at all hours. No more cars zipping past my bedroom window. No more people/landlords wandering past my windows looking in. I kinda have a view from up here of the sunset and Mt. Cootha (must get some photos). I mean, this isn't my swish place in Spring Hill, but it's a lot better than where I was! So I've moved in and painted the whole thing. Twice. Including the ceilings. But I had two other people help, thankfully. So now am painting the trim and the edges. Sigh. It's painfully slow as it all needs 2 coats. But, it's a pretty small percentage compared to having to paint the whole place on my own! And it's worth it. It looks a hundred times better. Plus, it's given me a chance to buy A Power Tool! I am now the proud owner of a Black & Decker cordless drill/screwdriver, the one with the battery pack on the bottom. And it's gotten quite a workout so far. Have installed towel rails and a medicine cabinet in the bathroom, hung some pictures and mirrors and hung up a big roman blind to close off the kitchen from the bedroom at night. I am so handy I can't stand it! And this stuff is all sooooooooo easy! 'Course, now when the time comes to move out, I'll leave the towel rails (they were like $6 bucks a piece) but I will be the proud owner of a lone roman blind and a medicine cabinet! Thankfully it matches my dressers, so can hide more stuff in it when I have to! But some lucky window will be dressed with a roman blind!

So what else has been happening....... Not a lot aside from moving and work. Went out with Natasha, her brother and friends for her birthday drinks last night. Haven't seen her and everyone for a while as she and Veronica went to Spain for 3 weeks. So it was great to catch up and see everybody.

I'm trying to think what's been happening while I've been off the air........ Honestly, sadly, not a whole lot aside from moving and painting and the usual errand-running. Have finally paid off the little scooter - it's all mine! Even tho am now thinking (again) of selling it. I love it but haven't been riding it as much. And tomorrow is the first day of spring, which means it's going to rain all week; so no scooter rides. And am not far off from paying off the credit card once and for all and then will be totally debt-free! Yeeaaaa!

And that's really about it. Been renting a lot of dvd's (by mail). Checking out older films like "Dog Day Afternoon" and "Serpico" (both based on true stories). Man, Al Pacino is a fantastic actor, even if he's done some stinkers in recent years. Also been watching a most excellent show called "Dead Like Me". It's amazing. Soooooooooooooooo good. So clever. I highly recommend it. Even tho it only made it through two seasons, there's a movie coming out in 2009. Cool.

Ok. So that really is it. Now that I'm looking down the barrel of being debt-free, and I've adjusted my taxes so the tax department doesn't take out as much as they used to (I filled out a form wrong somewhere and they were taking out hundreds more than normal), am going to start saving for some adventures. Mainly a xmas adventure if I can. Want to go to Tonga or Fiji. I just want to sit on an island with a palm tree and a hut, just like what you see in the brochures. Yeah. Hmmm. Will work on it!

So drop a line and tell me what you've all been up to?! Or, now that the US dollar is getting stronger, c'mon down! Hurry before summer comes!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...