Sunday, August 03, 2008

Movin', Movin', Movin', Keep Those Scooters Movin'...

Hi!

Well. That’s another week in the can. Busybusybusy. Soooo busy at work and lots of little things at home. And then the weekend. And now it’s Sunday evening! Where does the time go? I heard a guy on the radio
the other day give a countdown 'til Xmas. Man. It’s bad enough as it is.

So work. Yep. Is fine. B u s y. Which is good, but it’s getting to the point that I don’t have five minutes to do my own stuff. Yes, I know you’re not supposed to do your own stuff at work, but some stuff you just have to because that’s the only time stuff is open! But yes, work is good. Little (and some not so little) projects keep coming my way, which is good, but getting to be kinda nuts. Nevertheless, am going to do all I can to make myself indispensable so that I can hopefully be extended past Dec 31st – when I’m due to expire. Sigh. I wish I could have a normal job where I don’t have to worry about expiration dates. But hey, ultimately, am always happy to have a job!

And then the weekend. Fairly quiet, which is nice. Yesterday I went with Cindy and Janette to the
African Festival, part of the Brisbane Arts Fest that’s been going on over the last month or so. It was neat. Perfect weather. Lots of people. The food smelled fantastic but the lines to buy it were stupid long. So we hung around for a couple hours, listening to the bands and checking out the little tents (bought a Masai bracelet. Cool) until we decided we were starving. So keeping with the African theme, we went in search of an African restaurant. And once we found the right neighborhood (not far from the festival), we actually had choices! So we went with one down a little alley that promised Ethiopian food. Just a little place with the guys loitering out the front and the women cooking it up in the teeny kitchen. We had 3 dishes, lamb, beef and a vegetarian curry, a fermented pancake-like side (it was just like a sourdough pancake) and a few “samboosas” (samosas). It was gooooood. So incredibly filling. It certainly didn’t look like enough food (hold your Ethiopian jokes ‘til the end), but once it hit the tummy, it was plenty. Man it was good. It was all in the spices and flavors. I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance. And then it was out for a glass of wine, then to Janette’s for another glass of wine (we love our wine, can’t you tell) and then it was home! Such a good day. I love those kinds of days.

And then today has been Serious Chores Pt. I – took down all the curtains and washed them, took down the galvanized mesh (to help keep the cat in, or to at least make it tough for him to escape quickly), cleaned the windows (frosted glass, makes it much easier) and vacuumed. All in preparation for The Move this coming Saturday. I hate moving, even if it is just one little floor up. I actually haven’t got much to do, seeing as the place is so small, but there’s still stuff to be done. I wish you could pay people to do all of this for you while you sit poolside at some flash hotel sipping margaritas. Oh wait, it is possible but it costs money. Hmmm. It could be worth it…… So yes. Been busy all day finding spider corpses and inhaling far too much dust and cat fur.

And that’s about it! Think I may sell the Little Scooter. Sad, but am not riding it as much as I’d like due to weather and traffic getting worse because of all the construction between my house and work. That, and I’ve been hearing far too many stories lately about mangled motorcycle riders. I hate to do it because the times I’m out and about on it it’s brilliant, but lately, it’s “me vs. everyone” and I quite like all my body parts where they are, intact and unbroken….. So yeah. Will keep you posted. I’ve been threatening to do it for a few months now….. We’ll see.

And there you are. Hope you’re all well up there! C’mon down for a visit! If I sell the Little Scooter, I’ll have money for An Adventure!

BYE!
J!


No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...