Sunday, June 29, 2008

Booking Views with Glass Shades

Hi!

Well. Would you look at that, another week come and gone just in the blink of an eye. Well, actually, it took a lot longer than just one blink, there were a few yawns in there, but just like that, here we are at Sunday evening again!

So yeah. Work. Yep. Is basically pretty good. The office worker with their nose out of joint, still has their nose out of joint. Which really, if you look at it from afar, makes for quite interesting conversations within our very small office. My tack this week will be to suffocate them with kindness. Otherwise, work is work. Can I just say how much I’m missing my old gig? I had my little corner, one thing to do, I was good at it. Yeah. Oh well, this is better money for the time being. Well, until December. Thing is, the thought of looking for a new gig makes my stomach curl and roll around. That’s actually less fun than looking for a new apartment. Yuck. So will tough this little patch out and see what the future brings!

Otherwise, the week was good. I actually caved and took Friday off. I needed a break. So I rented a car and took myself and my broken glass lampshade to Ikea for a replacement and to collect a few more things. Can never just go to Ikea and come home empty handed! Got a clock, some other little bits, and new curtains. See, the curtains I have now, people can see through them and watch me watching tv. It’s a bit disconcerting. So I got these new ones and layered them on top. Am no Martha Stewart (thank god, I never want to see the inside of jail, be it white collar or not!), but I think it looks quite nice. And my little glass lamp is now whole. Slowly but surely am getting my little Ikea Nest in order!

So after Ikea I took myself up to Mt. Cootha and took in the Botanic Gardens (I actually thought I was driving on footpaths, but the guy at the gate assured me I wasn’t) and admired the view from the top, complete with a glass of wine. Ahhhhhhh. And eavesdropped on the French kids next to me plotting their trip to the Gold Coast. Hooray for those years of French in high school not totally going to waste! And then it was time to drop off my haul and return the car. How nice it is to have wheels to take you to far-flung places. Sigh. I need to do that more often. And then I’ll add up the rental cost versus owning. But with the price of gas……. Owning may not be the best option at the moment…….

And then the weekend. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Saturday was chores. And reading. I have to say, I love my dull weekends as much as the exciting ones, but these dull ones cost a lot less. And today was a few little errands with Natasha. Discovered a lovely little café under a lovely little bookshop down the road from me (reminds me of Bookcourt, the bookshop I used to work in in a past life in Brooklyn). Nice. Good coffee too.

And that’s about that! Kinda boring, yes, I agree, but what do you expect. Am not independently wealthy (yet) so I must go to work and relax a bit on the weekends. Until I win the lottery, no matter where I am in the world, rent will always have to be paid. But never fear, adventures are always spinning around in my little head! The latest one I think I want to go on is a little trip to Fiji. My god it’s just there, a short plane ride away, everyone goes there for a little break. So I wanna go too. Eventually. After I see Uluru, ride Platinum Class on the Indian Pacific, hike around Western Australia, learn to surf properly……………… But c’mon down anyways! Maybe we can knock stuff off The List of Adventures!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...