Sunday, June 22, 2008

Solstice with the Mostest

Hi!

Well. That was a week that am happy went quickly. Ended nicely with a great weekend. But whew, what a stinker of a week. But, never mind – new one starts tomorrow and it can only get better! It has to – the weather is meant to be perfect!

So work. Yeah. Ain’t nothing like “different personalities” to liven up a small office. Bless ‘em for keeping things from getting too boring. Not a lot to do with me, thankfully, just one person with a nose out of joint. All I’ll say is this person has some serious control issues that need addressing by professionals with access to medication. That’s all I’m sayin’. Otherwise, things are swimming right along. I got extended for another 6 months (which is a feat in itself as they only ever extended little folks like me who are on contracts for 3 months at a stretch), so that keeps me in tortillas for another 6 whole months! Hooray! And then I could be looking down the barrel of unemployment yet again, but we’ll cross that post-xmas bridge when I get to it. Meanwhile, will happily keep doing what I do (still a bit hazy on that) and picking up new things as I go along!

And then the weekend. Started Friday afternoon around 3.30pm with a few after-work drinks with some work folks, which then turned into a trivia night to support a local elementary school, which then turned into post-trivia drinks at the Paddo (pub) until very late. Needless to say Saturday was pretty much written off. Tho I did manage to organize myself enough to go look at a potential apartment to rent. It’s closer to work, two-bedroom, basically nicer than what I’m in now. Little more expensive, but anything nicer will be. So I can only apply for it and see what shakes down, as I won’t be the only one applying. But the day wasn't completely written off - I did manage to finish a book and catch up on rest!

And today were chores. I’d love nothing more than to start packing to move, but will resist. Technically I don’t need to be out of here until August 6th, but there’s nothing like being prepared for the unexpected (nice apartment)! But I won’t be such a geek. A) I don’t have that much stuff B) I did this pack early thing at my last place and I was forever in and out of boxes looking for crap I needed. So yeah. Will be cool. Can’t wait to move tho.

And that’s about it! Sad in a way, but there it is. All’s well down here though, in fact getting better as we’ve just had our shortest day! Hooray for the solstice! The weather has cleared up (had a fair bit of rain all last week) and become bright and blue and sunny, with a bit of chill in the am but perfect during the day. Ahhhhhhh winter! So c’mon down!!!!!


BYE!
J
!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...