Sunday, March 30, 2008

Work It, Work It!

Hi!

Well. What. A. Week. Crazy, man. It was a very good week, but crazy.

So work. Yeah. I GOT THE JOB! Well, the job at my work but in another dept (still with the Fire & Rescue Service). I had to apply like everyone else (just submitting only my resume) and I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am now gainfully employed, hell, even more gainfully with the pay raise(!!!!)! At least until June, "with the possibility of extension", with promises that I’ll be extended. Cooool man! So. I start that tomorrow. So far I have no desk, chair, computer, phone, etc. Which is fine. I have to go in at 9am tomorrow instead of my usual 7.45am (it’s the time the decent buses run), but, tomorrow is meant to be absolutely beautiful weather – so that means SCOOOOOOTER! So will of course be on time, if not early……!

But yeah, the week was fantastic otherwise. Half days for most of the week, doing not a whole hell of a lot of actual work. I have to leave the returning gal something to do! And then pub lunch on Friday, which wasn’t as big a deal as first scheduled because it turned out I wasn’t technically, even leaving the building. So it was really just a pub lunch like any other. Which suited me just fine! And then next thing I know I was emptying out my little desk! Sigh. It was great to be there, but I gotta say, I’m so not gonna miss Miss Misery or her partner in misery, MMII. I am totally looking forward to learning new things and meeting new people, one person I know, but the people I’ll work with I don’t. And the job is doing, well, I guess I’ll be doing pretty much what I was before, editing, proofreading, etc, only more (hence the extra cash) and over a broader perspective, and for urban firefighters instead of just rurals. Coooool man! HOORAY!

And then there was the weekend. Saturday started bright and early as Natasha and I were off to Springwood (about half an hour south of Brisbane, on the way to the Gold Coast… remember my entry a couple weeks ago where I took the 3 hour tour (haha, minus Gilligan) of Logan, yeah, that’s where we went, minus the 3 hour Ikea run) to get our hair cut. Natasha’s favorite hair lady in the whole world lives out that way and, well, yeah. So while Natasha was getting hers colored I had mine cut. Man, it’s a lot shorter than I intended, but I like it! And really, at this point it can’t get much shorter or I’d be bald! After that we went to Stone’s Corner, a little teeny ‘hood with a few outlet shops, looking for work clothes for wintertime. Eh, not a lot of luck, yet, but will keep looking!

And then today I was up with the sparrows again. Cleaned like a gal possessed and hooray! had all my chores done before 10am! Then Cindy and Jeannette came around and we headed up and around the corner for lunch. Then it was back home to head into the city to meet Natasha and Veronica and to look for more work clothes (one shirt, a pair of work socks and one thing of hair wax). And then it was home! Sheesh! By then it was after 5.30pm! Where did my nice, quiet, restful weekend before starting my, technically, new job go???! But, I got lots done and that’s excellent!

So there it is. Busybusybusy but good. Ooooooh, first day jitters! But, really, hooray for even having a first day to go to! Yeeeaaa! So will certainly keep you posted how the new gig is going! Fingers crossed!

And that’s that! So yeah, anyone considering coming down for a visit, c’mon down! The weather is turning absolutely gorgeous! Nice and dry too – 27% humidity… yeah. Niiiiice! Hooray for autumn! So c’mon down! I’ll leave the light on for ya!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...