Sunday, July 01, 2007

Busy and Yet, Lazy....

Hi!

Well. That was another week. Much like the rest of them really. And the weekend, ahhhhh, excellent, if not dull. But a nice easy week.

So yeah, work. Yep. Nice. Dead easy. I got a stay of execution! Hooray! They decided to keep me on to help finish another manual. So that'll take me til the end of September. And then after that's done, I have two more I'm supposed to work on as well, and those could take me into next year! Fingers crossed with those, but for now, I have a job until the end of September! HOORAY! But, sadly, the last of the two little office gals have hit the bricks for brighter cubicles. Their contracts weren't renewed so off they had to go. They kept me up to date with what's hip in the world (one was only 18 and the other was 24, how cute). But they're gone and now I'm left with old, fuddy-duddy domesticated office folk. Yawn. But, they're still working at the same place, just a different section. So maybe we'll catch up over lunch. Friday we allllll went across the road to the pub to celebrate their last day. That was pretty nice. And I could drink wine! Everyone else was, so when in Rome! 'Course, I knew, as always happens at these events, that the minute I got back to my little corner, all motivation to do much of anything was still sitting at the pub. So it was all I could do to look busy for the rest of the afternoon. Thank heavens it was only an hour. What a nice end to the week though!

And the weekend. Yep. Busy, and yet quiet. Saturday, cleaned like a gal possessed and read my book (finished "Dr. No", James Bond, excellent stuff, I highly recommend them). Then today, went to the grocery store early this morning and even took the little scooter out for a run around to check out a neighborhood, Bardon, that I've had my eye on to maybe move to when the time comes. And to pick up some more food for the little beast. And the rest of the afternoon, well, am almost ashamed to admit it but I had to have a nap around 11.30am! Gasp! Hey, I was up early. But that's how lovely and chilled out the weekend's been. Read more of another book "Room with a View", very nice, well-written; talked on the phone to David; and now here I am. Getting ready to make a pizza, maybe read some more. Sad. I know I should be out there running around checking stuff out around town, keeping my finger on the pulse that is buzzy Brizzy! But man, for some reason, nope. Not this weekend. I know, I can hear you saying "But you do nothing every weekend!" Ahhhhh, yes, very true wise grasshopper, but I am trying my not-so-very-best to save to live large on my birthday and I know that every time I so much as step one little toe out of my front door I spend money. So doing nothing, for now, is for my own good. Well, the bank account's good anyways.

So yeah. That's that. Same ol, same ol. Trust me, if anything interesting happens, you'll hear about it. But for now, all's quiet on this Eastern front, down in the Southern Hemisphere!

BYE!
J!








No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...