Sunday, July 22, 2007

Emu's, Harry Potter & Crocodiles

Hi!

Well. It's really kind of amazing how fast the week can go when you just put your head down and don't think of how long a week can be. And then next thing you know, poof! it's Saturday! But then, just as quick, it's Monday morning, and the fun starts all over again. Whew!

But hey, work is good. It's also amazing how I can fill an entire week, 8 hours a day, by doing pretty much nothing. It's this project I'm working on - there're so many other people working on it, and I've come in pretty late in its game, that there really isn't a heck of a lot for me to be doing. For the time being. Hopefully by Friday I'll have something more to be doing besides merely looking busy! But, honest, I'm not complainin'!!!!

And then there's the weekend. So, big dork that I am, I was up with the sun and standing in line at Borders with all the other hundred-plus other Harry Potter folks. The last book came out yesterday morning so I thought I'd make a little bit of an effort. It was kinda interesting. I'm really not such a dork after all because I learned that there are faaaaaaaaaaaar bigger dorks out there. Lots of kids came in different Harry Potter characters' costumes, some with makeup, and all of them had wands. So yeah. I'm not such a goofball. Book's pretty good so far!!! And then after that (got my book at 9.15am!), I wandered over to Southbank and where I used to work, some of the gals were doing a little over-time so I thought I'd drop in and say hi and check out their new building. Ahhhhhhhhh, I'm still SO happy that I don't work there anymore!!!!!!!!!! But nice to see the couple of gals and check the place out. Then we all went out to lunch at the pub down the road - The Plough Inn, and man they have nice food. Little pricey for pub food, but it's gooood.



And here we are at Sunday. Cleaned the house..... Did some laundry.... "Uncle Buck" is on tv at the moment, love this movie. Such a shame John Candy checked out so soon. One more reason not to eat bacon on a regular basis! And that's about it! Nice weekend. Weather is still pretty chilly, especially at night. It's been around the mid-30's - cold! But sunny and dry so that makes it bearable.

And that's that! Takin' the day off from work tomorrow. I have this little rule that, unless I'm gonna be fired, I take the day off on my birthday. So. Am sleeping in (rule #2), taking myself to breakfast at this nice little cafe right on the river, then not sure, might take the ferry from one end of the river to the other (one of my favorite things to do). Then I'm taking myself to go see the new Harry Potter movie (dork) but am going "Gold Class"! I've never been but it's apparently pretty swish - tiny little cinema, big, comfy, reclining chairs, little table where they bring you food and drinks! So yeah, even if I've heard some not-so-great reviews of the movie, ahhhhhhh, it can't be that bad from a comfy chair and table service!!! And then home to change and then I'm meeting the gals for dinner at Tukka, it's this fancy pants Australian cuisine restaurant; they have stuff like crocodile, kangaroo, emu, etc on the menu. Should be pretty interesting!!!!

So there it is! I hope you're all well up there!!!!!!!

BYE!
J!












No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...