Sunday, July 08, 2007

Dull as Mud

Hi!

Well. Yep. Here we are again. Another week, another weekend.

So work. Yep. Good. Finished the big manual I was working on. Gave it to the printer Friday. So it's officially gone! Whew! Am very proud of it and myself. Now on to another one. This one won't be nearly as much work as the last one, as there are lots of people to do what was just me was doing everything on the last one. So, as far as stress levels go, uhhhhh, I'm pretty sure it'll be a lot like the last one, only a lot less. So yeah, in other words, I think I'll have time to update the resume, write some of these neglected emails and bust out some screenplays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the weekend... yeah. Quiet. Really, I know it sounds reallyreally dull and mind-numbingly boring of me, but either I'm getting old, or because I own a cat, or maybe because I like to read, I don't know, but I like quiet weekends. Don't get me wrong, an exciting weekend now and then can be great fun, but for now, I like doing not much on the weekends. Like this weekend, much like most weekends, I did the usual errands, cleaning, reading, etc. I did shake it up a little and went out with Natasha to her favorite Chinese restaurant for Yum Char. It's pretty darn good, I will admit and it's the kinda meal that lasts all day. For me, anyways. The staff are friendly and quick with the steamed dumplings. Yum. Then we went for a wander around Milton - yet another 'hood I'm considering moving to. It's not bad. Has more going for it than Bardon (jazz bar, cafes, train, close to Cindy and Natasha's houses ('stumbling distance' as Cindy puts it). Lots of apartments going in that 'hood..... We'll see!

So yeah, the hunt is on for new digs. I'm not looking forward to moving. Which is precisely why I've stayed in this place so long. It's about $100 more a week than most normal people pay (which explains why I'm broke all the time), so finding new digs is imperative if I want to save the dough to see the sights. I like to think that cheaper digs will free up the weekends a bit more and adventures will be had. Geez, 4 weeks and I'll be officially homeless. Eeeeeek. Wish I hadn't realized that....... Ahhh well, on to the next little adventure, in a way!

And that's really about it. Things will liven up soon, honest! I hope you're all well up there!

Bye!
J!


No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...