Sunday, June 09, 2013

Have Pedometer, Will Watch French Films........ That's Traveling, Right?

Carts wait their turn at Ikealand
Hi!

Well. Here we are, another decent Sunday afternoon. It's been rainy and cloudy all weekend, but thankfully not too cold... I'm not sure if we're officially in Winter yet or not, but it's actually been pretty nice, even at night. Ahhhhhhh shoulder seasons! But, the crows have been out there yammering all day at anything and everything, everyone else seems to chirp only if they have something to say, not just to hear themselves chirp. Stupid crows. But, got the swingin' hip jazz tunes, got a nice, cool glass of the usual stand-by white, little apartment is clean with the sheets and jeans swinging in the breeze, just daring those clouds to rain on them (I really should probably bring them in soon..... that's what I need is for it to rain and soak all my nice dry sheets and stuff)... All in all, life is good!

We don't have nearly this much fun in our office.....So work. Yep. It's good. Same ol' grind really. One week is much like the last, etc, etc, etc.... Which, in it's own way, is really nice. No drama, nothing upsetting or stressful - just happy dullness. Hooray for dull, happy, gainful employment! Oh, I know one teeny bright little spark - the Mother Company has kicked off their yearly "everyone get in shape" two-month campaign, so most of us in our tiny group of six signed up - what do we get? A $2 pedometer and a promise that we'd check in on the website and document our steps/exercise times, etc. Sweet! I walk to work I remember those shoes.....everyday anyways. And it's good because my pedometer's battery died and those stupid tiny little batteries are expensive. So got a new one, although because the Mother Company only spent like $2 bucks on the things, they tend to fall off. Typical. For a company to send folks over to Switzerland to work on a (now failed) bid attempt, they couldn't spring for, literally, better springs in the pedometer clip. Never mind. The trick won't be to clock up the required 12,000 steps on average each day, it'll be to keep the thing from falling of and getting lost. Will enjoy it while I can!

And then there were a couple weekends in there. Apologies for not checking in last weekend (and breaking one of my only New Year's resolutions, which was
Ahhhhhh nature!
to check in regardless of the dullness factor), but nothing of any interest happened. Much like this weekend but I thought I should check in anyways, two dull weekends in a row or not. Actually, dullness aside, they've both been three-day weekends....! Last, last week I had Monday off as my one free day off for the month of May, which was way nice. In fact, I met up with my happily laid-off co-worker/friend Kim and we went for a good walk in the D'Aguilar National Park, which was actually really really good, and it's not even really that far from my house. If I wasn't so kinda nervous about stepping on a rock wrong and twisting my ankle and slipping down into a wooded ravine to die a slow, painful death all alone, I'd go on my own sometime. Otherwise, last, last weekend was good, quiet, chores, the usual.

Which was almost a mirror image of this weekend........ Tho yesterday 1890s celebrities!(Saturday) I spent much of the day trying to organize my notes for this epic screenplay I want to write about Buffalo Bill's Show Indians on tour in Scotland in 1891/2. True story, tho I'll put the 'ol Hollywood spin on it of course, gotta sell out and make millions after all. Part of it is because it's a really neat story and partly because the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (the folks who're responsible for the Oscars) have a screenwriting competition/fellowship that comes due in May, and I'd rather like to enter it just for grins and giggles....... Gotta start writing eventually.....!

And today, laundry and chores.... and later a couple movies..... And tomorrow, hopefully some writing........ Man, having three days off is fantastic. I can get so much more done and still fit in time to stare into space. Awesome! Oh, guess I should mention, we have Monday (tomorrow) off for the Queen's Birthday - yay Queen! Yay an extra day off!

Right then. Movies await. A French film (comedy?) called "The Life Coach",
Kona is not impressed with "How to Steal a Million"which is fine, I just keep falling asleep (third time's a charm?!), and some movie I'd ordered (DVDs by mail you see) called 50/50 - I must've wanted to see it or I wouldn't've picked it, but can't remember a single thing what it's about (ooooh, a surprise)!

Otherwise, I hope you're all well up there. That reminds me, I must email some folks and let them know am on mah way soon, see if anyone wants to hang out, eat pizza, Mexican food, drink beer, whatever..............!

BYE!
J!
Happy Roma St. Parkland Residents!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...