Sunday, June 23, 2013

A Weekend of Wine and Rotten Tomatoes......

Art at the Qld Museum of Art!
Hi!

Well. Here we are, another Sunday afternoon is starting to fade... Thankfully we're over the hump and the days should start getting longer again (yay!). Weather has been lovely, tho a little cool (after all, it is officially winter now), but, for the most part, the days have been bright and sunny - perfect! The birds are out there somewhere runningA lunch guest at a friend's... their errands, there've even been a few Sulphur Crested Cockatoos shouting around the place..... they always freak the hell out of me when they go screeching overhead - they're as big and pretty as they are loud and startling. But, as always, got the hip n' groovy jazz tunes, got the nice cool glass of stand-by white (yes, I know it's winter and red is better suited, but the stand-by white just seems to go well with checking in.....), the laundry is done and flapping in the breeze..... Yes, it's like Groundhog Day around here! But never fear, Adventures are soon to come.......! 

So work. Yep. Is good. Getting to the end of my 'big book that no one wanted' WWII Lookout, Newcastleproject. Going to kind of miss it, but couldn't work on it forever I suppose (would lose my marbles if I had to), but having the time and breathing space to learn and get better at the publishing software we use for everything and stuff has been way good. Friday we went to a little work lunch at the Marriott, which is actually really pretty good and a screamin' lunch deal (and spitting distance to work). And we even got to catch up with the gal who's job I'm sort of occupying while she decides if she's happier being a new Mom (she is, immensely) or if she wants to come back to work (highly doubtful).... Hmmmm.... So yes, that was quite good and a lovely way to start the weekend. Well, seeing as the weekend was so quiet, it was pretty much the most exciting thing to happen all weekend, which is fine, for now!

Which is a perfect segue to this weekend...! Where nothing really happened.
Mann's Chinese Theatre - still pretty cool.
Fluffed around yesterday, did some more organizing of the Great Hollywood Sell-Out Screenplay..... Actually, in my head it's really pretty good, bit of an epic, has everything - action, drama, romance, Buffalo Bill......... The trick will be to actually write it that way.... which is where all the organizing and outlining comes in...... I hope it helps anyways come time to actually write...... 

Once I'd had enough of that I thought I'd turn to the real Hollywood for any sort of inspiration...... Ended up watching a couple of suuuuuper crappy movies, which was shocking considering the folks in them - Meeting Evil which had Sam Jackson and Luke Wilson - two awesome guys usually but wooooooweeeee, not this time. I only wish I'd checked with Rotten Tomatoes Real Hollywood.....before I rented it! El stinko! And the second bomb of the night (uhh, err, sorry NSA, meant to say 'terrible film'....) was Serious Moonlight, which, by the time it arrived, I'd forgotten what it was about and thought it was about a record label/company (and not about David Bowie....). Maaaaaaan. Again, kicking mahself for not checking with Rotten Tomatoes first, then I'd've known what a stinker I was in for. Peeeee-yooooooo! And the big bummer is, I really like Timothy Hutton and Justin Long, can't stand Meg Ryan, but I figured the others would cancel her out. Nope. So there you go. Lesson learned - check Rotten Tomatoes first!

And today was laundry and more fluffing around. Actually, today's fluffing
Conquering the world with the cunning use of flags......
around was semi-dangerous - I had out the Ikea catalog and the measuring tape - a very dangerous combination in my hands. I even nearly made a banzai trip out there to pick up at least two of the things I have my eye on....... But no. I talked myself off that proverbial bridge, reminding myself that I'm about to entertain a friend/cousin-of-sorts for a week and then am off on mah own adventure for four weeks not long after. Spending a few hundred dollars at Ikealand may not be the wisest thing at this time. So, thankfully, common sense and no bottomless bucket of money stopped me from doing my bank account any unnecessary harm. For now. My ideas are still good ideas and will revisit them upon my return (and after shoring up the bank account)........   

And now here I am, safely checking in! And that's really about it. Quiet, yes, but watch this space for Adventures coming soon. Probably won't be checking in next weekend as that's when Emily arrives. Will check in the week after. And the week after. And then I'll be back in the Motherland! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee! See you guys soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BYE!
J!

Tucson resident.....!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...