Sunday, April 19, 2009

Wireless Berets in Clean Apartments

Hi!

Well. Short weeks are happy things. And the best part is am taking tomorrow off (cos I can) so that'll make it 3 weeks of 4-day weeks. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. See, I still think the
French had something with taking to the streets to demand a 4-day work week. I'd be in the crowd with my beret waving my banner!!!!!! Vive la France!

So work. Yep. Is pretty good. I have to say, it's reallyreally nice having the new gal in the office (taking the place of my former nemis- uhhhhh... politically correct must be politically correct............. co-worker) working with us. She's really cool. She's friendly, got a personality, has traveled, has a brain, is nice, personable, yeah. Sooo refreshing to have her in our department. Otherwise, work is good. Ticking along smoothly. Especially when the work week is four days long. Ahhhhh!

And then the weekend. Can I just take this opportunity to mention how absolutely fantastic it is to have this broadband wireless Internet technology stuff. Man. It's so cool that I can get on to the 'net like that and find what I'm looking for like that - speedy! Not that I ever dreaded checking in with all two of you out there on Sunday afternoons, but with dial-up, well, I'll just say it was at least a 3 hour event. At least. Nowadays, thanks to modern technology - an hour at the most!

Anyways, the weekend. Quiet. I have this new habit where come Saturday, I don't do a thing. I relax. I read, nap, snack, read, veg, it's lovely. Sunday is different, up early, chores, no napping, no veging, and errands. Yeah. And so this weekend followed suit. Yeahyeah, I hear you. Saving money is my only response to your protests of utter dullness streaming from Brisbane! You wanna send me $1,000 to go towards my trip back to the States, be my guest! Then I'll go out and have Adventures! So yes, weekend has been quiet with a clean, dumpy, aired-out apartment. Laundry is out swinging on the line, the paint has finally dried after all the rain we had last weekend and into the week, I took glamor shots of my car to get an ad ready to sell..... Yes, the weekend has been a success, complete with bonus day!

And that's about it. Tomorrow am taking off because I can, and also cos I have an appointment to have my will made. Cool. Been meaning to have it done since I left for NZ how many years ago. No I don't have anything to tell you, no I don't have any plans to
cut out early (that I know of), it just occurred to me the pain in the butt it will be if something does happen (knockonwood), being a foreigner, how much trouble some stuff might be to sort out, and quickly. So I thought I'd get a head start. Am not gonna go so far as to pre-pay for any festivities or anything like that, but just get it down in writing (for what it's worth) that no, the landlord doesn't get my stuff just cos I rent his crappy apartment, yes family can have all $200 or so in my bank account, etc. It'll be such a short session for these lawyers (or whoever works for the Public Trustees office for the Queensland Government) cos I don't have any kids (whew!) or investments or property etc.... Put it this way, my appointment is for 3.30pm - I bet I'll be out by 4pm. I hope they don't get mad at me for not having any real stuff to bother about........ Hmmm. Guess I'll find out!

So there you are. Hey, you should really think about taking advantage of the cheap ticket prices and the fantastic weather and get yer butt down here even if for just a short visit (I say short visit cos I can't take any more than 4 days off of work to show you around - gotta save my time for the 4 & 1/2 weeks I'll need in Sept!) C'mon, it'll be fun! You can hop over to NZ if you feel the urge!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...