Sunday, April 12, 2009

Four Days of Weekend.......!

Hi!

Well. Sunday evening. The sun is just starting to set, the lorikeets are warming up for their evening chat session, the neighbors have finally quit arguing, there're cool blues tunes
on the little community radio station, got mah glass o' wine........ ahhhh! The best part about this whole weekend, and checking in this evening, is that there's one more bonus day to go! HOOOORAY! So it's not quite the end yet!

So work. Yep. Is really good. The thing about knowing I'm not worth the lofty job description (and
subsequent money) that I envisioned my job to grow to be in the now to near future, is the fact that I can say no to annoying little projects or even to stuff I just don't wanna do. I felt bad the first time I said no to to helping out on what has potential to be a huge project and a big help to the HR department (helping the IT guy help them with an online application system), and I even got to the point were I almost went back and said "Aww shucks, I'll help ya pardner", but I stopped myself in time. Because no, if I'm not worthy of the pay, I'm not worthy of taking huge stuff on, in addition to my usual stuff. Simple and as selfish as that. I'll basically take on the project if, well, if it looks good on my resume and I learn new software and I don't stress out to get it done! How about them apples?? So yes, so far work is good.

And then the lovely, long drawn-out weekend. Ahhhhhhhhhh. Have been busy! Well, around the house busy anyways. Friday started bright and way early to take Lauren to the airport (I get lost coming home every time. Going there I'm ok because they can direct me. Coming home is a whole different kettle of fish.) And then started in on the second coat of paint on the kitchen cabinets. Don't they look a lot nicer than scuffed-up lime green. Followed by a 2 & 1/2 hour nap. Guess I was tired.

Saturday was the bathroom's day for paint. A chore I've really been meaning to do every weekend since I moved in here. It just needed a second coat (curse you dusty purple color!) and all the edges done. Whew! Man, it looks fantastic! Maybe this is what I could do for a living - live in dumpy apartments and fix them up as I go! With money from the landlord of course. This will be my first and last freebie. And will only work on the apartment if it's not summer or if it comes with air-conditioning. Followed by no nap (gasp!), dinner and "Scrooged" - seasonally a little late I realize, but still bloody funny. But it was a bit of a struggle to hear my movie as the Indian couple next door, well, it must've been an Indian movie that they REALLYreally liked cos the volume was up so damn loud. It got to the point where'd I'd pause my movie to listen to theirs as it sounded so, well, lively. Didn't understand a word of it, but the musical numbers sounded fabulous (as Bollywood films always are)! And it was long too. Sigh. Communal living. It's for the birds. If I ever buy an apartment the first thing I'm doing is putting in soundproofing on the walls cos I don't want to hear what my neighbors get up to (or fight about). That and because I too would love to have a bitchin' tv and surround-sound system. Cos Monster Boy next door has an awesome system too, action films with long, screechy car chases sound amazing on his tv - I hear it allllllll night long cos he's an insomniac. Yeah, am so putting in soundproofing. And some sort of air-handling system where when the neighbors below me smoke, their smoke doesn't drift up into my apartment making it smell like, well, like an ashtray. Oh yeah.

And today. While I still have the kitchen to finish with painting the edges and the front door, I decided I could have the day off from painting. So I did some laundry and surfed a bit of the 'net until I managed to download a Trojan virus of some kind (that's the last time I try to download a song from that website). Well, it took that long to scan the poor little laptop and get the thing deleted..... So while that was happening I chatted on the phone to David. Man, sometimes I wish I could be home to take my friends out for a beer and a meal.

And now here we are! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. One more day of freedom to go! Hooray for religious holida
ys and Australians for going along with them!!! Will finish the painting tomorrow, hopefully. And then I think it could be time for a crap clean-out - gotta keep this teeny apartment streamlined and because I've discovered myself starting to store stuff under the bed and couch. That's bad.

So there you have it. Kinda dull, yet productive. I know you must ask yourself why I bother putting this kind of effort into such a dumpy apartment. Well, two reasons - one - I have to live in it and dusty purple walls in an already dark, tiny and pokey bathroom offend me, but not nearly as much as the filthy, baby pee yellow walls with bits torn off it did, oh and the scratched-up lime green kitchen cabinets were pretty unbearable too. Now I can live here with a minimum of offense. The second reason is I have to make it somewhat attractive to someone to house sit for me while I'm away for 4 weeks! I will never be Martha Stewart, so rest easy. But am not 20 years old either and can't abide lime green or dusty purple. Sad, but true.

So I hope you're all well up there! You can come on down and visit and be minimally offended by my little apartment! But you still can't stay here - I just painted, didn't add another wing.

BYE!
J!






No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...