Sunday, April 05, 2009

Dull + Uneventful + Nap = Not an Entirely Bad Weekend

Hi!

Well. That week went by pretty fast. But in a good way instead of the usual so busy one minute it's Monday and the next it's Sunday evening. No, this was a perfectly civilized, yet speedy,
week. And to think, this coming week and the following week is short because of Easter! We get the Friday and the Monday off - 4 days! Waaahhoooo! So I just might splurge and take this Thursday off, cos I can. Hooray!

So work. Yep. Is good. Nearly finished with my Big Project. Man, have I learned a lot doing it or what. I'll have to think of another cool project to do for someone just so I can learn more new software! I already have the Adobe Creative Suite (at work, can't afford it at home..... sigh), so maybe the next project can be in Illustrator as haven't used that one yet! Hooray for learning! Otherwise work is quite good. Still like it lots. Well, as far as work goes. Still would rather be independently wealthy.

And then the weekend. Friday started off very lovely and relaxed. Went over to Jason's house (the guy I work with who's been helping me a lot with this Big Project) and had some fantastic homemade pizza with his cool wife Claire and Hasse (another guy I work with who's appeared in previous episodes here on J's Verandah). Ahhhh, was a very lovely evening, tho I think we stayed past their "we have young children" bedtime. It was just nice to be able to talk like normal people outside of work.

And Saturday. Not a lot. In
fact, I kinda can't remember what I really did. I know there was a nap in there. It's been raining most of the week so that's kinda put the brakes on really wanting to do much. Hey, at least the weather is finally cooling down to manageable levels!

And today. Yep. Pretty much like yesterday minus the nap and adding 3 loads of laundry washed
and dried. Actually, spent a lot of today planning The Trip - nailing down dates, researching hotels, flights, rental cars, etc. I mean, don't get me wrong, am not planning the trip down to the minute, but with as much stuff as we're packing in, things do have to be planned at least by the day. I hate planning like that but in this case we have to. So much hinges on what happens one day to the next. I have tried to schedule a couple days to mess with, but we'll just have to get there and see! Oh I can't wait. And it's coming up faster than we think. Yikes I have to save $$$$.

Otherwise, yes, the weekend was a bit dull, pretty uneventful, and yet slightly productive. I think am saving chores and the rest of the painting until my Easter break. 4+ days and am not going anywhere, I know how I'll get by the 4th day, so best to save myself some stuff to do!

And that's about that. I hope you're all well up there. I can't wait to see
everyone, pet my dog and cat and to eat Mexican food. I promise after this trip to come visit once a year (that's if ticket prices can stay normal). I don't much like this coming around to visit every few years. I never meant to be away for such long stretches. I mean, it's been fun and way interesting, but not swinging by home and checking in, while it's not nearly as bad as it was when I was in NZ, it's still not good. Tho am not ready to move back just yet (haven't done much on my List - yet!), I still would like to check in at least once a year! So, I will work on that! Meanwhile, same goes for you guys up there - get yer butts down here! Or as the ad said, "Where the bloody hell are ya?!"

BYE!
J!




No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...