Sunday, February 01, 2009

Week End - Ain't It the Truth

Hi!


Well. For a short week (3 days of work), it was a busy bloody week. I guess that’s the flip-side to having a short week/long weekend – you just have to cram 5 days worth of work into 3 days. Gahhh. It was tough not to have taken the rest of the week off. And I kinda should have. But never mind. A lovely weekend was had, the weather not too punishing…… And here we are yet again at Sunday evening!


So work. Yep. Is really good. Busy as usual, but good. As many of my projects are kind of continuously on-going, meaning they never really seem to end, even tho they’re ‘projects’… hmmm…. it is really satisfying when one project really does get wrapped up and finished off. Job well done and then 20 new projects scramble for attention! Ahhhh, that’s the stuff I like – always having something to do. So yep, am still really liking this gig, and fingers crossed March comes and goes and I’m still there!!!? Hooray for work!


And then the weekend. Sigh. It was much needed if I do say so myself. Having 4 days off in a row makes it kinda tough to face the week. Stupid mini-vacation! But never mind, I was happy to have the weekend come so soon. Even tho I didn’t get up to much. Yes, I know, it’s the same old song every weekend anymore. I know. Unless you want to send me at least $3,000 for my expenses in September, then boring weekends will have to be endured! Still tho, I wasn’t totally immobile the whole time. Saturday I went on a hunt for bits of glass with Hasse. My bathroom has this sorry little window with 3 bits of louver glass missing. One junk shop and ten dollars later I was the proud owner of 3 bits of matching louver glass. The things I do for this dumpy apartment that the owners simply refuse to. I’m a hero to these four walls! I gave them not one but 2 coats of paint (both walls and ceiling), I cover the crappy carpet with my own happy rugs (that’s merely because I will not walk barefooted on the original, filthy carpets, no way Jose), I even give the hinges a dose of WD-40. Ahhhhh well. I have to live here might as well try to enjoy it as best and squeak-free as I can.


And then today. Laundry and not a whole lot else. Rain. DVD’s. Need I say more? Yet it’s still pretty warm considering there’s been no sun all day. Still tho, it could be faaaaar worse – Melbourne and Adelaide are enduring the worst heat wave they’ve had in like 70 years. 116+ every day. Bone dry, but bloody hot when they’re not used to it. I know how they feel. Hot I can handle. It’s the humidity I can’t take. I just don’t know how Floridians deal. Must have to be born in it. Yuck.


Otherwise, that’s about it! Oh, duh, I know one thing I did over my mini-vacation – went to the new “artsy” cinema up the road from me (veeeeery nice – and you can bring wine/beer in with you! Fantastic!) and saw “Slumdog Millionaire”. I highly recommend it. It was fantastic and not really what you think. Absolutely one of the best movies I’ve seen in years. If Danny Boyle doesn’t win for Best Director, well, I’ll know Hollywood has its head jammed so far up it’s own a-…… Hollywood’ll just never change. Go see it!


Ok, that’s really about it. The wee scooter is still up for sale. Sigh. Lots of little tags torn off mah ad, but the phone hasn’t rung. Gee, I really hope I got my number right…… Chickens. They’re just not made of tough enough stuff to ride a cool, wee scooter around town! Hey, I have a car, that’s my reason…….! Yeah, I turned wuss – what about it, huh??! Huh?!


BYE!

J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...