Sunday, February 15, 2009

Faster than Speeding Laundry

Hi!


Well. Another week shoots past faster than a speeding bullet. Hooray! But again, as always, the weekend goes by even faster. I wish I had a time machine sometimes…….. But never mind. Here we are on yet another summery, hot and humid Sunday afternoon. Again with the time machine and to be into autumn already!


So work. Yep. Is really good (work work that is). Personalities always keep it interesting. I suppose if everyone was the same the world would be immensely boring. Otherwise all is well. Busy as a bee in spring, which suits me just fine. Speaking of busy bees, I must take some pictures of the construction site that (right near) my work has become. Good ol Mayor Campbell Newman loves his tunnels, bless ‘im, and by golly he’s building a MASSIVE one all through the city (even imported German tunnel-boring machine drivers), only to ultimately have it dump out right in front of our office windows. In 20whenever. Fly-overs, bridges, on/off ramps, the whole kit and caboodle. It’s gonna be like working, well, under a freeway overpass. http://www.citynorthinfrastructure.com.au/home/home.html Construction around my work started around July last year. It’s a weird thing to watch every now and then. For a while there was much mirth watching 10 construction guys standing around pointing, then walking over to where they were pointing, then walking back again. Now there are these huge drilling machines all tucked up next to each other with cement trucks figure-eighting amongst them. I like to think that if they add one more piece of heavy machinery, a giant sinkhole will open up and swallow the whole scene instantly. And then ol Newman will just have to give it up and put a lovely park in. My work used to be some sort of teacher’s college and it was set in a lovely native tree and bush setting. We had sooooo many interesting birds and spiders and skinks and even those horrible cane toads that the locals use to practice their golf swings on, it was a really very nice setting to work in. And then this tunnel business, which meant the trees were the first victims. Sigh. Can’t stop progress, although it is sort of interesting to watch. Will take pictures.


And then the weekend. Started off in grand fashion, again, with dinner and drinks at the Paddo pub with some folks from work. I swear, for as slow as Friday seemed to go, the evening sure flew by. And then Saturday was up to head out with Young Christine and her boyfriend Toby to the RSPCA so she could confront the realities of adopting a kitty. One was found and bonded with, and yet magically Christine walked calmly away. It’s a big commitment for a young gal who still lives with folks who just say no to cats. Someday. Cute pups and cats there tho. And I have to say, they were flying (not literally, as interesting as that would be to see) out the door into happy new homes (hopefully), which is always a wonderful thing to see. I was tempted to adopt a couple of the dogs until I remembered I’m already living a life of crime by having a cat I’m not supposed to, and a big backyard with no fence……..


And today. Very…. productive. Was up early to be the first to get laundry done (you have to when it’s 1 washing machine versus 8 tenants). And then have been busy cleaning up my little laptop of all of its behemoth multi-media files. I can’t really say much more due to international laws……….. Just basically cleaning up old files, listening to tunes I haven’t heard in years (and discovering some I didn’t know I had, or want), etc. Ahhhhh, little bit of spring cleaning for the computer. Annnnnnd, oh yeah, I mentioned this last week – I am indeed the proud owner of pre-paid wireless broadband! And after a few days of really trying to figure out how it works and getting it registered, etc (it’s just like having a everyone including the Tech Dude at Optus to stay as far away from YouTube as I possibly can, as that is one of the biggest credit-eaters you can run into. Point taken. I have to say the speed is fantastic and I’m able to post my blog and load up all the photos in a third of the time! Waaahhoooo! Hooray for modern technology! Thing is, after having dial-up for so long, and training myself not to bother with exciting websites, now that I can, I don’t know what to go look at! And the other thing is, my credit runs out every month, so if I don’t use it, I lose it! Guess I’ll go scope out YouTube after all……


So there you have it. All the news that’s fit to…… yawn to. Again, helloooo, saving money for trip home means cutting down on the excitement…..! Soon, excitement will happen soon. Until then, send email – that’s exciting!


BYE!

J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...