Monday, December 29, 2008

A Weekend of Saturdays

Hi!

Well. First off, for once in my life, I can’t accept all the blame for being late. Please see above, Exhibit #1. See? I usually change the c
alendar day on my way to bed and I didn’t even notice the day had mysteriously repeated itself until, well, I switched it to today. Imagine my befuddlement. I didn’t notice it anywhere else. TV was just as boring as it is every other day of the week, so there was nothing there to clue me up. I don’t read papers and I didn’t get online to do anything. Added to all of this the fact I’d already once lost track of the day of the week earlier in the week. I’m taking 3 fish oil vitamins a day, the directions say to take only 2; I don’t know what else I can do. Tho I did buy myself for Xmas a Nintendo DS with “Brain Training” so with that kind of potent combination, I should soon start to remember the most random of tidbits very shortly. But until then, here I am!

So yes. W
ork. Was fine, all 2 & ½ days of it, which were more or less a write-off. Who could get any real work done while every day, if not every hour, there were parties happening in different cubicles all over the building? And it’s such bad form, politically, not to attend. So I’d basically arrive at work at the bright and shiny hour of 7.30am, as I do everyday like all good little worker bees do (well, most of us early-rising bees), I’d turn on my computer, log in, and basically be away from it most of the day, now and then checking in to delete mass “Merry Xmas” emails. Am not complaining tho. I’m pretty sure if I were to look back I’d see that for all of those days, and a fair few the week prior, my brain never left the house. At least it was rarely with me at work….. not too sure where it was…… But otherwise, work was fine and the parties very fun. I don’t have to darken those halls until the 5th – HOORAY!!!! Hey, ultimately, am just sooo happy to have a groovy gig to go back to, if only for 3 months (fingers crossed I get extended yet again after that, but we won’t go there until the time comes).

And then there was Xmas. It was lovely. Again. Spent it with my former boss and his family as their Xmas Orphan. It was lovely just like last year. Such good food (seafood BBQ with cold meats and salads) with really nice people and fun conversation. It was a fantastic way to spend the day. If you can make it down here for Xmas next year, I highly recommend it. And I really do cos I know for a fact plane tickets are cheap at the moment (or ‘cheap as chips’ as the locals say). But more on that later.

Then Boxing Day (26th). Thankfully it’s a national holiday down here. So I took up the offer to go with Hasse (from work) to his good friend’s (and her boyfriend’s) house for a pool party (how very Austra
lian during Xmas time). That too was a very lovely way to spend the day. Turned out it wasn’t so much a party per se, it was really more that we simply sat, drank nice wine, nibbled cold leftovers and chatted. Plus, I got some fantastic hints and tips of things to do and places to go in Western Australia from her boyfriend and his visiting parents (also from W.A.). It was lovely. Always nice to get out and meet new people and see new neighborhoods – Hamilton, Veeery nice ‘hood not far from town, had to take the ferry to get there! Cool.

And then there was the rest of the w
eek. This is where things started to get a little fuzzy regarding the whole day-tracking thing. I know there was a day in there where I pretty much did nothing but lay in front of the fan and read as I had the energy to do nothing else (plus it was far too hot to do any more than that, really). Heck, am on vacation, am allowed! But yesterday I was good and did mad crazy chores in 90 degree heat with what certainly felt like 90% humidity. And today was up early to go to the airport to pick up Natasha just returning from 2 weeks visiting family in NZ. Then we ran errands around town including dropping off my wee scooter at the dealer for it’s regular service check-up and to prep it for it’s “Road Worthy Certificate” – something you have to get before you sell something like a car, truck, or scooter…….. Yeah, have decided it’s time to sell the wee scooter. I’m reallyreally sorry to but I just haven’t been riding it nearly as much as I used to. The traffic between here and my work is far too scary lately as there’s a lot of construction happening; and am small enough as it is without throwing a cement truck into the picture. Plus (I feel like some sort of cheating girlfriend), I’m really digging this whole car thing. Sigh. I haven’t sold it yet. Will keep you posted.

And that’s about it! Oh, duh, forgot the bestest piece of news – I am the proud owner of a round-trip ticket to the US! Yes! I shall be passing through US customs as of early morning on August 30th 2009 and leaving the 28th of September! Virgin Australia had an absolute screamin’ deal on tickets direct to L.A. from Brissy for – get this - $1,200 round-trip. So I bought one. And am going to play personal tour-guide to 2 gals from work, Young Christine and Lauren. This is gonna be good. It unfortunately means I won’t be able to stay long in one place, but I will however be able to eat Mexican food for at least 21 of the days am there. And really, what’s more important than that. I. Can’t. Wait. Honestly, if tickets were always this cheap I’d’ve come far earlier. But never mind. Will be there in 8 months! Waaaahhhooooo! So there you are.

All’s well here, hope all’s well up there. Look into getting a ticket down here while the oil companies are looking the other way! Hurry!


BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...