Sunday, December 21, 2008

Countdown to Vacation in 3…2…1…!

Hi!


Well. It seems the closer we get to vacation time, the slooower the days drag by. Yet, when the weekend comes, time magically flies. That’s so not fair. But, nearly there! 2 & ½ days to go until 12 days of freedom! Yahhhoooo!


So work. Yep. Is good. Busy, but manageable. Hee hee, we had our section’s Xmas lunch Friday afternoon and the Director was thanking everyone for all their hard work and mentioning particular things they’d done. And when he came to me he said something along the lines of “….. thank you for doing the jobs no one likes – like coordinating the review of manuals…. “ or something like that. I laughed. I really dig my job and I love coordinating/making people work! I get to work with all kinds of people on projects instead of the same faces day in and out. Yeah. So will enjoy it until March when I go back into Panic Mode just before my little contract comes up for renewal (or, god forbid, not). But man, am really looking forward to having some time off. I haven’t had a break since Xmas last year. I wish I’d planned ahead better (I always say that and yet I never think to do anything about it until it comes around again. Sigh). So instead of basking on a teeny little island somewhere in the South Pacific like I wanted to over Xmas and New Years, will be here rolling around town. That’s ok tho, cos now I have four wheels to get me around! Now just have to think of someplace to go…………… Hmmmmm, something to plan! But otherwise work is good. Just counting down and doing my very best to stay focused!


And then the weekend. Ahhhh. This time on Sunday appears so rapidly. Friday was a nice start to the weekend with our lunch with work. Then after work, for those of us who went back and powered on until 4pm, we went over to the pub for a couple drinks. A gal at work gave me and another guy a ride home (I smartly left my car at work. I don’t want to spend a night in jail!) where he was going to call for a cab from my house to his (it’s not far) but in the process we polished off a bottle of wine and solved all the problems of the world. Then when we saw the time, he gave up and fell asleep on the couch. Which is good because now I have a witness to how dangerous my couch is. I fall asleep on it nearly every time I sit on it, no matter what time of day or night. It’s amazing. So the same happened to him. Ha! Then it was up early Saturday for laundry and errands. Then that evening was a gal that used to work with us’ 18th birthday party at a club in Fortitude Valley. I hate The Valley, so it was a huge deal for me to go. But that just shows you how nice the gal is and worth making the effort for. So me and about 4 other folks from work (the usual crowd) went. What a good night we had. And the time just shot past. I said something about going somewhere and the guy said “but it’s after 1am!” Imagine my surprise. I thought it was like 11pm. So didn’t get home and to bed until 2ish. The funny thing was that all the kids in their 20’s were fading and here was me thinking up where we can go next! Lightweights. And the whole good thing was I didn’t even drink much at all. So today, while it should have been far more productive, at least it wasn’t under a cloud of hangover.


So yes, as a result, today has been very relaxed. Which is sort of a shame as the weather would have been perfect finish-the-painting-already and give-the-little-apartment-a-good-clean weather. Lovely cool and overcast. But noooooo, I’ve just hung out, reading my book, scoping out the junk mail and napping. Ahhhhhhh! Besides, if I leave the house, especially at this time of year, it’ll only cost me money. And the weekend has been bad enough as it is. Am saving up a lot of my serious errands for vacation. Why waste a perfectly good weekend running all over town!?


So there you are. Yes, clock up another semi-dull weekend. That’s ok tho, the kids from work and I are trying to come up with a couple things to do over our break, so we’ll see what comes from that!? Will keep you posted! Otherwise, hope you’re all well up there! Will try to call over the break!


BYE!

J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...