Sunday, May 04, 2008

Labour 0 vs. Rest 1!

Hi!

Well. Yet another week speeds by. But hooray! Another three-day weekend! This one is to contemplate our labor. Never could figure out why it's called Labor Day when you're not actually doing any labor. Hmm. Not gonna argue about a day off!

So work. Yep. Starting to pick up slowly but surely. Wish I had more to do, but am happy things are starting to drift my way. Still sort of helping out my old department, but that's just really finishing up a project. Nearly finished. And it's most excellent that my new boss is happy to let me help finish off old projects for them. Cool. I'm so nice. Could have left it all up to the new gal, but I'm nice. Sigh. I wish I could charge extra for being nice.

And the weekend. Well, I have to say it was a pretty buzzy week before the weekend even came! Monday night I met up with Roger (& his parents visiting from England) and Mav and Malcolm, their friend from Sydney. We had a lovely but short catch up and an extremely below-average dinner, after which we decided to meet again the next night at the Paddo. So Tuesday we met at the pub, and that was most excellent! Such good food. And we caught up on all the little bits of gossip (not much really). Nice to meet up with them after so long. They're usually pretty busy so their schedule has to be booked way in advance. Ahhhhh, married people! Wednesday was groceries, Thursday was errands with Alan (sounds like a sitcom..... hmmm), Friday was, get this - a rugby game in a corporate box! Waaaahhoooo! And, get this, it was Brisbane vs. Auckland! Hahahahaha! And guess who won - Auckland! I had to laugh. Man it was funny and quite a good night! Turns out the owner of the printing company had a spare few tickets so he invited me, my boss and his wife! What a good night! And after the game me, my boss and his wife wandered up to the pub and had a couple glasses of wine before calling it a night. Man. It was fun! Always neat to spend time with work folks outside of work. And then Saturday was errands with Natasha and today was, whew, chores and resting! Such a little social butterfly this week! And here's me supposed to be saving money. But man, it's been a good week. Now am broke. But ahhh, at least the little apt is clean! We had a couple days of dust storms, so it needed it. Am starting to get kind of excited - I have approximately 2+ months left to go in this little place. Am kind of dreading the looking part because once I put in my notice that I'm leaving this fine palace, I have to find something in about two weeks. And you know how it is - every time you're not looking there's something good to be had; when you are looking there's nothing. So come moving time - here's hoping!

And that's about that! Oh, how cool is this - earlier this week my cousin and his family (and my aunt & uncle) met Hillary Clinton while she was campaigning in South Bend, Indiana! And this past Saturday they met Bill Clinton, as VIP's for one of his speaking engagements! How exciting for them! Neat! Now hope they get out there and vote come crunch time!?

So there you are. Things here are fine, the weather has settled into beautiful, cool, bright sunny days, life is good. So c'mon down! Oh, and I stand ever so embarrassingly corrected - if you come down here, you unfortunately won't be the first, or even the second tour I'll have conducted of this fine little city; Sheldon and Scarlett were the first out of the gate, soon to be followed by my Mommy at the end of this month. So there you go, I've had a bit of tour guiding experience now! It's Hotel de Genevieve with the lights left on for ya. C'mon down, the weather's fine!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...