Sunday, April 20, 2008

Deals, Birds & Breezes

Hi!

Well. Another week…. Another weekend…. Same ol stuff really. Tho I’m pretty sure we get this coming Friday off for Anzac Day (Veterans Day)…. Hope it’s this Friday. Could do with an extra day off.

So yeah. Work. Is good. Slowly, very slowly, but surely, figuring out what I actually do. Had a really long meeting Friday afternoon that was reallyreally good. But as far as actual real work……. Ehhh, nothing yet. There are a couple things I’m keeping my eye on, but not much I can do at the moment. But hey, I really dig it, it’s a gig that I can make my own, so we’ll wait and see how it pans out. Cool!

And the weekend. Yaaaaaaaaawwwwwwnnnn. I’ve done absolutely not much at all. Am scared to leave the house because it costs money. And I’ve got a few library books I can read…….. So I did that all day yesterday. Man, it was nice. I’ve been really tired all week for some reason, so to sit and read and listen to the breeze and the birds (when the neighbors stop yelling and stomping around, then you can hear birds), it was nice.

And today, chores. But I've had to do a really thorough job this time, another "inspection" from the real estate agency on Tuesday. Man, I’ve only been living here 8 months and this’ll be the second "inspection". Intrusion rather. So I have to go to work later in the morning so I can let Monkey Boy poke around my apartment with a clipboard. What a pain. As a result of said intrusion, I’ve decided I’m not going to buy a car, that come the end of my lease in August (if not before), I’m moving. I had a couple deals with myself: one, that I can buy a car but I’d have to renew my lease here for another 6 months; or no buy car and move. It was actually a really tough choice. But, seeing as work seems to be going really well and the chances of having my contract extended beyond June look absolutely positively in the bag, and seeing as the real estate agency is far too nosey for my liking, not to mention my paranoia of first-floor living, I’ve decided am outta here! Plus, the cost of insurance, price of gas, the road congestion, etc…. Am just going to find an apartment somewhere between here and work. So there. That’s my plan. Now could be a good time to look into getting that PO Box I think…………………… So yeah, have done my chores, read my books, had naps, what an old lady I am. Ahhh, but Grasshopper, exciting times are coming, just have to put my head down and $saaaaave!

Otherwise, all’s well. Kona is good, he’s two now. I let him out on the weekends to patrol the perimeter of the apartment complex (it’s not big at all) and occasionally he brings me a skink (lizard). The weather is lovely, nothing like fall in NYC! Hooray! The guy across the street is well and truly insane, as demonstrated this morning by his weekly tantrum/nuclear meltdown, this time because a cab driver mistakenly (very mistakenly I’d say) threw a piece of trash into his yard… Well, let’s just say the police had to come and help calm him down....… Ahhhhh, yes, all is right with the world!

So there it is. Dull but true. Hope you’re all well up there! C’mon down!

BYE!
J
!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...