Sunday, February 17, 2008

Yawns-R-Us

Hi!

Well. That week started off painfully slow but picked up speed. Thankfully. Still tho, here we are again, Sunday afternoon is winding down……. Man. Why couldn’t I have been a trust fund baby? I’m not saying I want to be a lazy moron who drives a Porsche from party to party, I just want the freedom and the dough so I never have to work again. Hmm.

So. Work. I don’t mean to moan about not wanting to work, cos I really like my job, if I have to work that is. But man it’d be nice to have some time off to do stuff I want to do and not have to worry about the bills being paid. Yeeeeeeeeah. Oh well. So work is good. Busy. But am finally getting on top of all the little projects I’ve had thrown at me. Except when I finish one, another one or two appear! But am not complainin’! I love this job and am gonna enjoy it until the day they show me the exit!

And the weekend. Started Friday evening at the pub with meeting a few folks from my last job, the remaining few that are still left. All I can say is, even with the head Dragon gone, I’m still so happy I don’t work there anymore. And apparently so do a few people who no longer come to the drinks sessions! But it’s always nice to catch up with the remaining few and to meet new ones. Of course with that Dragon gone, it does sound like things have improved, but still, I’d never go back there. Happy to have met the people I have and had the experiences I did, but that’s it. Moving onwards and upwards!

And Saturday, well, Sunday too, very quiet. Savings Lockdown, you see. Honestly, my bank account is safest if I don’t leave the house. It’s boring, sure, but it doesn’t really cost me much to stay in and clean, do laundry and play video games or watch DVD’s and nap. So yes, it was a quietly productive, yet restful weekend. Hey, the house is clean and I spent no dough. Gotta save to buy a couch and a couple things, like a chair. So all of this homebody stuff’ll be worth it. Honest. At least that’s what I keep telling myself. We were planning to hit Ikea this weekend but common sense won out and dictated that we save a bit more $$$ and go on the 1st of March – that way I can buy my couch outright and a couple other things, instead of poor Christine making 500 trips. But man that girl is good at getting stuff off of Ebay. I should give her a list for me……

So yeah. That was the week and the weekend. B O R I N G. Sorry. Means to an end. Yeah, my rear-end on a couch! Oh, and last week’s thoughts about investing in a car? Yeah, no. Not gonna happen now. At work I was brought onto the Government payroll, taken away from my (useless) temp agency. And, well, to sum it up, I took a $100 buck a week pay cut. Oh sure, as a result I now earn vacation time and sick days and that kinda stuff, but only until the end of March when they’re planning to let me go, and even by then I'll maybe have been on the books long enough to earn a day or two off and perhaps one sick day. Hmmmmmm. So that would’ve gone to a car payment. Bye bye car dream. Will look at renting a car now and then. Gotta shift the planning a little. In the end I guess it makes sense not buying a car (I hear my bank account and credit balances sigh in agreeance),I have no business getting $25,000 in debt. But man. A CAR. Sigh.

So there it is. I hope you’re all well up there. Starting to defrost a bit yet? Here, summer appears to be getting into the homestretch. Thankfully, much thankfully, it hasn’t been as hot and humid as they threatened it would be this year. It ain’t over yet, but it hasn’t got long to go until Autumn. In the meantime we’ve had some pretty drenching storms, mainly way up north tho. We’ve had a fair few, but nothing like what they’ve got up there. Hell, they’re having flooding, the poor people. Ahhh, La Nina. So yeah, I hope you’re all defrosting and considering a trip Down Under to help get rid of those winter blues! C’mon down! I’ll have a comfy couch soon! And a chair! Yeah!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...