Monday, January 21, 2008

Hair, There, & Everywhere!

Hi!

Well. Apologies for the late update. Busybusybusy weekend. Good, but too busy and too fast!

So the week was good. Fast. Busy. Savings Lockdown was compromised, but it was for a good cause – to catch up with Jan. She’s a really busy gal so any time to catch her you have to. And, she’s thinking of buying a 4- or 6-pack of apartments, doing them up and letting me live in one, so I just like to know how her plans are going! Hmm. More on that later!

So, yeah. Work. Is good. Still don’t know when I’m going to hit the street. Everyday I’m still there makes me (and the bank) very happy!!!! Funny, am picking up a few more little projects, so am getting busier – which is awesome. Just don’t know how long for yet. Sigh. Just taking the days as they come. If it’s not good news, I hope they don’t spring it on me with a day’s notice…….. But they can give me a day’s notice if I can stay!!!!!!!!!!

And the weekend. Man, it went fast! Saturday started off bright and early with an appointment with the hairdresser – to get it all cut off! HOORAY! It’s not boy-short, but it’s short, fluffy/messy short. I had it like this years ago when I was in NZ. I liiiiiiike it! But because I’m used to it, and none of these folks down here have ever seen me with short hair, boy, a lot of them are really surprised!!!! But hooray, they seem to like it too!

Then it was off to the park to meet Jan and a few friends of hers for a photo-shoot for a good friend of hers (in the white top) who’s running for local important politics (eventually challenging the Premier of the state of Queensland, which is kinda like the Governor). They just needed shots of her talking to "local constituents". So that was neat. Good thing I’d just had the hair done! Then Jan and I met up with Natasha and we went to lunch and drove around a few ‘hoods checking out potential apartment blocks for her to buy. Man, there’s some dumpy ones out there – you just have to see the potential! Some were done up really well, really nice, so we know it can be done!

And then Sunday. Young Christine (from work) came over first thing and we headed to Ikea!!!! Hooray! I’ve been wanting to go there for aaaaaaages! Need stuff! So we spent a really good chunk of the day there – from about 9.30am til around 3pm! We did 2 circuits! Amazing for a rainy Sunday too! It wasn't really even that crowded and I could actually stand it. Amazing. So I've started getting some stuff I need - like drawers for the bathroom (got nuthin' but sink, no counter, no storage (except for a box that went mouldy. Ugh)), bought an interesting ladder-shelf thing which is being used as my nightstand (beats the boxes I had). And a couple little things. Cool. I mean, this is part of what Savings Lockdown is all about - getting stuff and trips. Am working on it! Jan tried to put it in perspective for me and reminded me that setting up in a new country can take time and I think I kinda held myself back by renting that silly, but oh so nice, overpriced furnished apartment for so long. Ahhh well, I didn't know and it was niiice. So yeah, by the time we got the stuff here, built it, set it up, moved my stuff into it, ate dinner, relaxed, it was too late to write. But hey, at least I was being productive!

So there! See? Busy weekend. Didn't get to do a single chore (but is it piling up or what - I have next weekend all about cleaning. Yeeaaa). So that's that. In fact, am trying to catch up by doing laundry, which I must pull off the line as the last time I saw clouds that dark it poured cats and dogs......... So I hope you're all well up there!!! Drop a line sometime!

BYE!
J!
Weekly: One Good Thing About Little Apartment #23: I have clothes-drying options - the dryer, the folding rack in my room, or in the backyard, the very Australian invention - the Hills Hoist! Choices are good and all free!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...