Monday, October 15, 2007

Errands on the Coast

Hi!

Well. Sorry I'm late. Too tired strikes again. But here I am, Monday, fresh home from a hard day at the office, even have a load of laundry in the washer as we speak. Multi-tasking!


So yeah, the week at work was good. I gotta say tho, I've applied for a very high-powered gig with them, basically being in charge of the production of allllll the training and info manuals for all of Queensland Fire and Rescue Service. The applications closed on Friday. They need someone right away and the 'receipt of application' email said they'd notify me of my application's status ASAP. Here's hoping. Big job. Comes with big pay tho. Yeah baby!

So yeah. The week was good. Another speedy one. The weekend was pretty good too. Productive, in an "I spent more than I really should have" kinda way. But good. Friday, I met Natasha and some of her friends at The Normanby pub. This is the #1 pub I don't like. But, because am a such sucker for a glass of wine on a Friday after work, it's amazing what I can put up with. And of course, it actually turned out to be a pretty good evening.

Saturday wasn't too bad either. Met Natasha, again, for errands in town. See, let me hold the story there for a moment while I explain why Natasha and I run around so much together - we're both our own gals, single (tho not for lack of trying, all the nice boys are married to sour-faced gals, with kids) and we live in the same 'hood. And really, we both need laundry soap and stuff, so why not run around with someone in your same situation? So that's that. Anyways, we ran the usual errands and I came home with a new DVD player. Coooooool. The boy in the store even took $10 bucks off the price and hacked it for me to make it region-free - so send me your US DVD's! Of course, I get it home, because the whole point of getting a DVD player is because A) It looks like I'll be here awhile and B) The Dead Guys tv hates my laptop; So instead of having to haul the laptop out all the time just to watch a movie on a teeny screen, may as well make life that much easier and get a real one; save the poor little laptop the stress. So I get it home, connected, and fired up - the tv hates it. It launches itself into that vertical-hold tantrum it likes to do when I plug the laptop into it. So, it's confirmed that the Dead Guys tv doesn't get along with our modern age. So now I have to find a "modern" tv. So, in essence, I bought a $90 CD player. Hmm. Ok. But hey, someday when I get a "modern" tv, I'll have the DVD player to go with it! Bonus!

And then Sunday. Yep. I was allll set for chore-day. Even got as far as vacuuming when Natasha called to say a friend of hers, Juliette (who is the proud owner of a car) is headed down to the Gold Coast to go to Harbour Town - a great, big, outdoor outlet mall. I told them 3 or 5 times I didn't want to go when they broke me with "Bro (they're Kiwi's), it'll be good to just get out of town". That's all I need to hear! So we spent the day in and out of stores looking at stuff. I came home with a new pair of jeans (to wear to work on Fridays) and some coconut oil hand lotion. And then we took a drive down to the ocean (not far, about 10 minutes, but because they're having some sort of car racing Grand Prix, the roads looked like race tracks and traffic was poop). So by the time we got home, I was too tired to be able to string a coherent sentence together. Which is why I'm coming to you live from Monday evening!


And that was pretty much that! Hey, they just had a story on tonight's evening news about how many flights to the States Qantas has scheduled compared to 8 years ago. So there you go. C'mon down!




Bye!
J!









Weekly: "One Good Thing About Little Apartment #10:"
The apt complex comes with a washer and a dryer - and I don't have to pay!!!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...