Sunday, June 17, 2007

Mouth-Brain in New Boots

Hi!

Well. Excellent little week. Easy. Love this job and the lack of stress it invites on my little life, especially on the weekends. It just makes the weekends that much easier and relaxing; so that when Sunday comes, I'm not dreading work at all, just sad that the weekend was so seemingly short.

So work. Yep. Moving right along with getting this Rural Fire Brigade Manual updated, finalised and printed. I'm telling you, if you, or anyone you know, wants to start up your own fire brigade in a rural area of Australia, ask me, I can help you do everything. From telling you the measurements of the concrete floor you'll need inside the shed, to the way you have to run your annual general meetings, to how to open a bank account. Oh yeah. But otherwise, the job seems to be ticking along nicely. I'm gonna have to write myself a BIG post-it to remind myself to quit telling them how much I like the job and how much I'd like for them to keep me forever. I think I must have mentioned it to them somewhere around 3 times last week. Am such a dork. My mouth has it's own brain far separate from my big one. It just says what it wants regardless what the main brain tells it to do. It's very stubborn and plays deaf. I hear "I really love this job! Please just hire me permanently so I can get a big loan from the bank so I can buy a house and stay in Brisbane forever" and my main-brain tells the mouth-brain to stop at "I really love this job" but nothing happens. The mouth keeps going. It's terrible. I wonder if there's a name for this type of affliction (aside from tourettes)..... Hmm. Either way, they know I like it and want to stay, they can't do much for the time being, no more should be discussed. Oh please mouth-brain, keep quiet!!!!!! But ahhhh, for just a short period of time I don't have to waste my weekends looking for jobs I really don't really want. Will enjoy this temporary bliss while it lasts!

And then there's the little weekend. Went by pretty fast for not doing much. I was a good girl with crazy energy Friday night and did most of my chores just home from work. Wierd. Saturday, well, started to make a new bracelet; sewing it together in a native-american kinda style. Very time- and patience-consuming. But I'm sure it will be very cool once it's finished. In about a month. Finished the 6th Harry Potter book (!!!?). So now it's just a waiting game until July 21st and the last book ever! And then..... gotta find a new series to read! And today, Sunday, get this - I went shopping. With Cindy and Natasha. In a big Outlet Mall. Man. We weren't messing around. We even did two laps of the place, doubling-back for stuff. That was dangerous but successful. I spent my sort-of hard-earned birthday savings. Ahh well, if you'd seen the state of the one and only belt I own, you'd excuse my splurge. But I couldn't stop there, am ashamed to admit. Got two belts because I liked one a lot (dark red) and really needed the other (boring tan) (hey, they were $10 bucks each. Leather. Enough said.), then I bought a black "work shirt" because I don't have one and I know it's a wardrobe staple; and then I finally got a pair of genuine Aussie boots. I've been wanting a pair of these for yeeeeaarss. I don't know why, but I really like them for some reason. I waited all this time because the ones I want are around $450 and these, even tho they're not The Big Name Brand, they're made in Australia by Australians (so the gal told me), lifetime guarantee, all leather, even the soles. Coooool. And they were on sale from $230 to $99. So I snapped and bought them. I love them. So I've got blisters already (yes I was a geek and wore them outta the shop, so what?!), and I've been told to stand in a muddy puddle so that they soften and form to my feet, am so happy. Will keep an eye out for muddy puddles. And I also managed to find a decent pair of khaki pants. Had to take them back to Cindy's house to use her sewing machine skills to hem them. Curse being short! So yeah. Was an expensive day, but very much needed. It's amazing how one stupid pair of pants can open up an entire world of wardrobe possibilities! Excellent!

And here I am, after that kinda day, with the energy and enthusiasm left over to check in! Yeah! Was a very good weekend, in a chilled-out, expensive kinda way. Ahhhhh!

Oh yeah, one thing last week, ran into my Building Manager and, long story short, my rent will be jacked in August (when my lease is up) so I'll be needing to move. I kinda knew it was going to happen as when I look online for apartments, places here seem to be going for around $360 - 370 a week. And that's just silly money. I mean, what I'm paying now is silly money, but that's even sillier. So yeah. Sigh. The hunt is on. Am torn between getting a nice, unfurnished place in a decent neighborhood (not on a busy, main road with ambulances zooming up and down it at all hours) or a basic unfurnished place to bust out the bills that I still owe on (little scooter, little American Express card). Basically, it's going to have to be unfurnished, that takes at least 50 bucks off the rent. So yeah. Stay tuned.....

And that's that! Dull, as usual, but there it is. For now. The weather is absolutely perfect at the moment - lovely during the day and chilly at night -ahhhhh, winter in the Southern Hemisphere in a sub-tropical climate - excellent!!! C'mon down!

BYE!
J!












Movie Quote of the Week -

"I'm a stalker in a Taurus."

Bill Murray, Broken Flowers

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...