Sunday, December 17, 2006

Kickstart to Xmas

Hi!

Well. That was a busy week. Kick-started by finding out I didn't get my own job. Again. Apparently I "...interviewed extremely well, but then, so did a lot of other people". Uhhhh, ok. "But, we would like to keep you on to help train the 4 new people and help us through the peak enrollment time, so we'd like you to stay until the end of February". Uhhhh, ok. I'm not good enough to get my own job, that I've been doing nearly a year, but I'm good enough to keep to help train the newbies and work the busy peak enrollment time. Uhhhhh, ok. Dur. So yeah. Actually, when she told me, I was relieved. It's the kick in the backside that I needed to get out once and for all.

Then Paul and Catherine (good friends from NZ) made a brief visit. They were staying down at the Gold Coast and popped up here for a few hours. Ahhhhh, was excellent to see them! And it was so brief and fun-filled that I totally forgot my camera. Oops. But it was a great visit, so nice to see them. Catherine's just finished law school so they were here to unwind. Congrats Catherine!!!!! Now I must get myself over there, see their cats Fud and Sam and check out what Auckland's been up to.

Jan (Kona's fairy godmother, the deliverer of logs and hay bales) left work permanently. They didn't renew her contract because she's part-time. Gee, maybe it was because she did a better job than they could ever dream of. Ahhhhh, but I digress. Simply said - another one bites the dust. A guy at work (safely ensconced in another department, the lucky devil) calls the Client Service Centre (where I'm doing my time) the Departure Lounge. And for obvious reasons. Annnnnnyways, so to celebrate Jan's leaving, The Girls (Patricia, Cindy (brown shirt), me and Jan (black shirt)) all went out to dinner at this reallyreally cool Nepalese restaurant. Excellent food. I ate goat! Yum! I'll just say they love their cilantro/coriander. And goat. Mmmmmm.

And then the week thankfully came to an end. But I have to say, the few xmas card and bits are going to be a little late getting in the post. I was all prepared to get stuff out at the middle of November, but I'm just now getting the time to actually do anything. And tomorrow is the 18th. Oh dear. Hey, better late than never!

So this weekend was spent cleaning the house, ordering pizza (because I couldn't drag myself the few blocks to the grocery store and back. I say, some weekends I just can't bear the thought of going to the store. I don't know why, I just hate it sometimes) and making a few bits of jewellry. Again, I know I have a few little xmas things to pick up, but c'mon, could you bear the crowds in the Queen Street mall this last weekend before xmas? NO way Jose. You couldn't have paid me to go down there and try to shop this weekend.

And that's about it. One more week of work and then we have the whole week off. Excellent. I've got lots I want to do, well, including finding a new job! Jewellry to make, things to ship, sleep to catch up on, a screenplay to start writing, ahhhhhh, lots to do. I can't wait! Hooray!

So there it is. I hope you're all well up there! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Uncle Bret!!!!

Bye!
J!





No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...