Sunday, May 29, 2016

Vet = 2, Lola = 7, Pigeon = 0, The Moose Drool Wins!

A brick wall stands ready for heads in Grafton.
Hi!

Well. Here we are on another gorgeous Sunday afternoon. The weather has finally cooled off (wooooo, down to 70 right now and mid-40s at night!) and now I can concentrate for longer than ten minutes - yay! It's been a nice, quiet weekend, although come home Friday afternoon after a very long work-week I got a bit of a surprise, but more on that later. So, here we are now - the chores are mostly done, laundry's put away even, ironing is all done, bed is made, I've been on fire for gettin' stuff done. Kittehs are guarding the balcony, got the hip n' groovy, tho mellow today, jazz tunes, and I got a nice, cool glass of the standby red (yes, crime of all crimes, I keep it in the fridge because it's Queensland and you just have to.... Even tho the weather's finally cooled off, I kinda like it.... Don't judge me), yes, life is good!

Work. It felt like this this week.So work. Yep. It was a bit of a week, not busy or anything, just.... people. And that's all I'm sayin' about that. Otherwise, it's good and am always and forever happy to have a decent place to come to and earn a paycheck!

And then there were a few weekends in there....... But they were all kinda like this one, which is why I haven't bothered to check in. Because really, what can compare with getting Australian citizenship?! No, the weekends have been good, quiet, literally nothing to write home about (which was why I started this little blog in the first place nearly ten years ago now)! Although last weekend was a bit of a weekend - it seemed Lola was missing the Vet and so decided not to eat since Thursday evening. We were in the Vet's office Saturday, Sunday Lola bids farewell to Life #2 of 9. And I to $700+.and Monday trying to get her better. Long story short, and over $700 towards the cause, it was a fur-ball lodged in her intestines. A few doses of paraffin oil, Actilax and Cat-Lax, including an enema (for Lola, not me, thank heavens), and by Tuesday, stuff finally started to move right along. So, that's life #2 for little Lola! Of course, this was also the same week my car registration came due, at just under what it cost to fix up Lola......... Sigh. She's only two years old - brand-new, and I've never had these issues with pets ever! Ahhhhh well, hopefully she straightens up and flies right from now on, otherwise I'll have to go out and get a second job to keep up with her bills!!!!

Remy's (but not my photo)!So that was last weekend and Monday. Then, come this past Friday, I get home at 5pm from a very long week at work, although not before a small detour to a little cafe, Remy's, that opened up about a year ago just up the hill from my house, where I had a quick snack of breads and dips (very good, had a bit of bite to them which I quite liked, although I see from their website/FB page, they're in it for their burgers - will have to try one next time (they do take out, even better!)) and two beers from Montana, as you do when in Brisbane, Moose Drool Brown Ale and Scape Goat Pale Ale - both very good but I was partial to the Moose Drool, so I had two. Hey, it was Friday and work was a pain this week. Anyways, I didn't hang around long because I felt like the oldest person there, hell, I was for about half an hour until other "old" folks like me started arriving for Happy Hour. It's a fun, buzzy, young, hipster kinda place (yes, all the young men sported fluffy beards), but the staff were all very nice, professional and genuinely seemed to like their jobs and their coworkers (maybe I should get that part-time job there.......?). I'm glad I stopped, I'd been wanting to for ages but it's always totally Crime Scene Carnage - the killer in the act!packed-out. So, off I trot down the hill to home, belly full of beer from "home" and snappy dips, only to open the front door to crime scene carnage. Lola, feeling fulla beans again after being revived from death's door, again, somehow manged to catch a pigeon/dove, got it inside the apartment where an epic battle to the death ensued. Feathers everywhere,The Killer is disappointed I'm not happier...... from one end of the apartment to the other, even in the kitchen. I open the door to this and see Lola bent over the headless corpse (?!), both wings separated from their owner, eating like it was manna from heaven, which I suppose it kinda was. She was very, very proud, and I was too after I got over the shock of the scene. It's impressive not only because of her speedy recovery, but for the fact she somehow caught a bird, killed it and ate every last bit of it (except the feathers), when all she'd ever caught before in her two short years were The unfortunate victim of bad timing.....moths. Sure, she's speedy, but a bird? In a second-story apartment? I can't even imagine how she managed it without sailing over the balcony. All I can think is it may have flown into the sliding glass door or window, laid there stunned for a second and that's when Lola saw an opportunity too good to pass. That's how I hope it happened, because if she perched on the balcony railing, ay yi yi, that will be one expensive vet bill indeed. That's if she survives the drop. If she does and runs away, well, she's never been outside so she's bound to get lost and hit by a car. Geez, who ever said pet ownership can be dull sometimes never owned a kitteh like this!

And that was my weekend! Gosh, now I want one of those burgers and more Moose Drool........ No, saving money for the Big Nordic Adventure. And my car registration. So, there you have it! All's well here, fingers crossed! Hope you're all well up there! So, since the weather's gotten nicer, you're more than welcome to c'mon down and enjoy this window of opportunity - you only have until November, so get planning! And hey, that reminds me, I will be need a house/pet sitter come December...... The job is yours! 

BYE!
J!
A former South Bend, IN resident!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...