Sunday, September 15, 2013

Weekends of Errands, Re-Potting and Organizing - Ahhhhh Springtime!

Studebaker Museum!
Hi!

Well. Here we are on another spectacularly sunny and breezy Sunday afternoon. Spring is here, although with the temperatures we've been having lately you'd be fooled into thinking spring got it's butt kicked into next year by summer. Thankfully, instead of the all-day muggy furnace that summer is, this is just a teaser and is only hot and gross for a couple of hours. Ooooooooh yeah, not looking forward to summer. But that's a ways away yet. Right now we have a lovely cool breeze, bright sunny day fading into evening, the birds have gone a bit quiet but I guess they're all busy rushing around trying to get stuff done before all the stores close (Sunday closing times for most shops around here, if they're even open on a Sunday, wrap things up around 4pm). We have a nice, cool glass of a new stand-by white wine (sem sauv blanc) from Story Bay, got the hip n' groovy jazz tunes - ahhhhhhh yes, life is good!

So work. Yep. Is good, tho a bit slow at the moment. I don't mind. Have been pretty busy since I got back from vay-cay-shun, so a little breather is nice. Tho I don't want too much of a breather, I hear hoof-beats coming from the bids and proposals department that they might be in the Do you have a reservation? (19th Hole, South Bend)market for an "editor" (by their definition tho, an editor is someone who simply formats their absolutely woeful hundred page plus documents - which is something one of their admin assistants can do, but they don't know that), so I have to quickly find things to make me look super busy and very important. We'll see....... And speaking of waiting and seeing, The Bosses have a meeting tomorrow with HR to discuss, well, me and... my future? My tilt at permanent residency? All I do know is I gave my Manager all the P.R. info and costs that I could find and beyond that, it's in the hands of the HR gods. If I'm not nervous now, I'm sure to be around 10.30am tomorrow morning! I'm just super worried the Manager above my Manager (yes, we're an extremely top-heavy organization) will have the attention span and patience of a flea and will deem the whole thing too hard and let me go, only to run an ad and hire a local. Sigh. Hopefully will know something more tomorrow..... And hopefully it's good news................... They say the Australian unemployment figures have risen to some percent (it's numbers, which are math's best friends, so I automatically tune out), either way, now can't be a good time to go looking for work.......... And you guys know how much I looooove job hunting. Never mind - here's hoping it won't come to that.......!? Otherwise, work is good. Will enjoy it while I can!!!!!!!

Bunnings Warehouse - almost as fun as Ikealand.... Almost.
Jumbuck - mah new best friend!And then there were a couple weekends in there....... Sorry for not checking in last weekend. I was buuuuuuuusy running errands all over town. I mean, somehow, I started running errands at 8am on Saturday and didn't finish, technically, until 9pm Sunday evening. Sheesh. I think I'd just saved up all these teeny little errands and just decided to bust them all out at once, for whatever reason. Spring fever perhaps. Errands which included a trip to Ikealand, the car wash (honestly, the thing is too big for me to wash, it'd take all day. Rather pay a coupla teenagers to do it in 45 minutes - yeah!), the auto parts store, the pet store, a couple of BBQ stores, the hardware store, the grocery store, I mean, I was everywhere. But the car really needed a a good run to blow the cobwebs off of it (poor car) and I got lots of stuff done. Including (.........drum roll.........) - I bought a proper BBQ! A cool little two-burner deal that was only $200 bucks (tho, heh, I see it's since gone on sale - $60 bucks cheaper. Gah!)! 'Course, by the time I Mmmmmmmmm, Dad's chicken!put it together, fought with the nozzle thingy on the gas bottle, cooked mah chicken and sat down to eat, it was just after 9pm Sunday. But I gots a BBQ! Like a normal person! And just in time for the perfect weather. And also just in time for storm season, during which our power usually goes out lots of times, so with the BBQ I can still cook! Yay!!!!!!! Pretty exciting. I love it. Now to discover not only what I can cook on it, but how!

And then there was this weekend. No rushing around spending money like I had it, thankfully. This weekend was chores and all the little fluffing around things I've been putting off - re-pottingVictorian place settings, The Rocks Museum, Sydney a plant I tried to kill by knocking it off a railing, ironing, and (don't laugh) organizing my little bathroom drawers. I know, I know, it sounds, like, toooootally lame, fer sure, but if you'd've seen the state of those drawers...... So I bought an organizer from Ikealand and presto! Organized! Threw out old perfume and medicines, consolidated the band-aids, that kinda stuff. And now I can see everything, including three of some things that I bought thinking I didn't have any. Organization is awesome! Now to get through my stock of Burt's Bees and Bath and Body Works soaps and lotions................

But yes, that's been the weekends. All is well..... getting back into the post-vay-cay-shun swing of things. You're not missing much.......... Other than perfect weather!!!! Hey, if you can get to Hawaii, well hell, you're already halfway here - just keep going! It costs about the same too! If you're a glutton for punishment, I hear flights from LA to here (Brisbane) over Xmas are going for around $1,200 - a steal! But you have to really love hot and humid weather. Like, looooove it. Like, a lot. But hey, lots of places, except mine, have air conditioning! C'mon down!

BYE!
J!
Happy sage, Tucson

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...