Sunday, February 03, 2013

Quiet Australia Birthday with Kookaburras and Wine!

Sail Tiles of the Sydney Opera HouseHi!

Well. Check this out - am here on time! Hooray! And no crazy storms or surprise power outages predicted for this evening - whew! Unfortunately, I don't have much to report on. But never mind, got some hip and 'mellow' jazz tunes (thank you SkyFM!), got a nice, cool glass of a new white wine - Momo Sauv Blanc from NZ (not bad - fruity......), got a bit of a breeze and while it's not cool out, it sure ain't blisteringly hot and humid (or stormy) - life is good!

So work. Yep. Is fine. Had my "performance review" Friday, for what that's worth until the end of March......? And still no word about my contract. IAhhhhhhh, the Ikea Chair-Sitting Testing Machine! knew they'd do this. This afternoon was meant to freshen up the resume and look for jobs but I just can't find the motivation to ruin a perfectly good Sunday doing that (especially today, my Aussie Birthday!). To me, if they're going to fluff me around with my contract, I should be able to look for work on their time.....! Ha, will see how the theory pans out when I test it, hopefully this week......?! Otherwise, am busy but not as busy as I was, which is really nice considering I've been busy for a good year or so. Nice to have a bit a breathing space. But yes, still waiting to see what happens - will keep you posted (fingers crossed it gets renewed)! 

And then there was the weekend. I was meant to kick it off happily with pizza Bermuda Triangle of Sleep.....and games with the usual suspects but a headache forced me to enjoy my Friday on my couch. Bummer dude. I think my pillow is trying to kill me through kinked neck muscles. That or the stress from work/contract....... Either way most of this weekend was spent battling a headache. Still, managed to get laundry done and a couple movies in. Watched "Puss in Boots", which was actually kind of funny and better than I expected. And watched one last night that I thought was really pretty good and funny - "Rare Exports: A Christmas Tale". A quirky Finnish movie about the "real" Santa Claus. It's hard to explain but I thought that link to Roger Ebert's review sums it up pretty well. I really, really liked it and highly recommend it!

Eerrrr, the sign kinda says it all, really........ And today, seeing as it's my 7th year in Australia, or as I refer to it - my 7th Aussie Birthday (can ya believe it?!), I pickedQantas, Feb 3rd 2006! up a coffee and a danish and drove myself up to a lovely picnic spot on Mt. Coot-Tha where a family of Kookaburras chattered around me. It was lovely. Then later this afternoon am off to my other Kim friend and her husband Carlos' house to pick up a case of wine I'd ordered (he does IT for the big brewery here in town, XXXX, and as a perk gets screaming deals on not bad wine - sweeeeeeet!) for wine and nibbles. A very nice Sunday afternoon/Birthday if I do say so myself!

And that's it! Short and sweet and rather dull, yes, but there it is. I know it's short on Adventure but there's that Sydney Adventure in, well, just a few weeks away! So that'll liven things up a little. But yes, once I know for sure what's happening with the job thing, things should be a little more settled and will be able to plan Adventures - hopefully?! Otherwise, I hope you're all well up there. Only another month or so of crappy hot and humid to go and then you're free to c'mon down! Don't forget to check out the ever so useful links over there on the right if you need annnnny help planning your trip!

BYE!
J!
Newest Frangipani grown from a cutting!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...