Sunday, December 09, 2012

9 Days Into Summer..........

Busy Beeee Sculpture - Mt Coot-tha Botanic Gardens
Hi!

Well. Here we are, another sunny Sunday afternoon. The birds are all happy because it's not as stinking hot and humid like it has been and no scary storms to blow them off their branches. Got the swingin' jazz tunes courtesy of SkyFM, have a nice, cool glass of a new Sauv Blanc - Giesen, from Marlborough in New Zealand. Eh. Tastes a lot like the others from the same region. But it's not un-drinkable! Got a nice breeze which helps to push the warm air around...... Ahhhhh summer!

So work. Yep. Is good. Still crazy busy but this coming week should be good - we have our team Xmas party on Friday, which will consist of a scavengerEscape in the Clem Jones 7 Toll Tunnel hunt followed by lunch and drinks at the Ship Inn at Southbank. Eh, I've been there a few times before when I worked at the school down the road there...... Meh. Wouldn't've been my first choice but there aren't very many of us, it's away from where everyone else at work will be and it's cheap - and who can argue with that! I think everyone is just happy that we're near our little break. I know I am, not for any other reason that I can catch up on sleep (hahahaha - funny, considering my neighbor's baby is due any minute now) and stuff around the little apartment, like filing, tossing out unused stuff, boring forced-vacation stuff like that. I personally would rather work the 3 days over that Xmas week, save my precious vacation days for a real, non-religious vacation, and try as I have, still no potatoes. Work isn't falling for it. I've told them I plan on using them later in the year on a real vacation, but there's no budging Dancers Warm-Up at Multicultural Festival, 2011them. Harumph. And that's if I even get past March and my contract expiration......... And in developing news, we just had a part-time gal quit (am so jealous. I totally wish I could be a housewife who didn't have to work). So not sure what that means for me come March...... Hopefully they'll keep me around while they figure out what to do?? Otherwise work is good. Busy. Happy to have the "fun tickets" (as my manager calls paychecks) while I can! 

And then there has been the weekend. Yesterday was quiet yet productive in a choresy launderyey kinda way. With the obligatory two hour nap, of Laundry Day...course. And that was pretty much that. And today, much the same sans nap, replaced with a spin around Mt. Coot-tha with my heavily pregnant neighbor. Needless to say, it's been a very quiet weekend. In my only defense, I've been so busy at work that by the time I get home during the week, I'm too tired to do anything that would open a weekend up for fun instead of chores and napping. By the time Saturday comes, all I want to do is eat, sleep and watch episodes Magnum PI. Sad, I know. If only I had a duller job or I wasn't, again, having to sing for my supper and dance-monkey-dance so I can try to keep my job in March, I'd probably have more oomph. But in saying that, one of my favorite bands, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, is coming to the Sydney Opera House at the end of February, playing with the Sydney Symphony orchestra. Now, seeing as I've lived here for six and a half years and haven't seen him once (they're an Australian band), usually I hear about his shows Sails or "Papal Tiaras"?after he's been and gone, I found out about this show and was all over the interwebs like white on rice come sale day. Managed to get myself a pretty good ticket too. So am off to Sydney for a few days at the end of February! Hooray! I like Sydney, the little of it I've seen, and have been thinking of a reason to get back there. Of course the concert is on a Wednesday (with shows on the Tuesday and a Thursday show added after I bought my Wed ticket, of course), so will hang around and scope the place out until Saturday. Cooooooool! So there's a little Adventure to look forward to! Yay!

And that's about that. Quiet, yes I know, but am so busy during the week, it'sAhhhhhhh, Port Douglas! so hot on the weekends....... yeah yeah yeah, you've heard it all before...... But never mind. Hope you're all well up there gearing up for winter? Well, if you need a break from dreary snow and ice, you're more than welcome to come to Brisbane to defrost, which you'd do seconds after getting off the plane!

BYE!
J!

 Yay for Yamba!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...