Sunday, March 28, 2010

Snow White's 8th Dwarf - Jobless!

Hi!

Well. Am very sorry for not checking in for so long. As you can see/read am neither dead nor living under a bridge... yet. I kept thinking that if I was going to check in and say hi, it'd
be with good news, like I got a job, or won the lottery, or married a really really rich guy with a castle in Southern France. Sadly, none have come true. Certainly not for lack of trying and being the good performing monkey I am at interviews. I just thought I was sparing you the tedium in light of there being no real news to report for ages. But here I am, just wanted to write and say hi, am sorry for the radio silence, and that I'm not dead! Hooray!

So work. Yeah. Maybe the less said about the whole thing the better. I will say I've applied for lots and lots and lots of gigs, and been on lots and lots and lots of interviews, but no potatoes yet. I've long since given up beating myself up with my crystal ball and voodoo doll trying to figure out why they don't hire me. I'll tell you 2 positives this whole thing has given me - a little more patience and a whole lot of spine in dealing with rejection. If you ever think you need to learn how to deal better with rejection, go job-hunting for a few months with no success, that'll strengthen your spine in no time! It just bounces off before you can even say "next"! It's gotten to the point where I don't really care, I just want one to hire me and break the spell. Speaking of spells, if I find the witch that put this bad no-work-gettin' ju-ju on me, well, my voodoo doll is dusted off and the pins have been polished!

So the last few weekends...... Been pretty quiet actually. The only way I know it's a weekend is the people on the evening news change, which means I get a break from looking and applying for gigs and I can sleep in! But it's funny-sad how not being able to go near a bank can send the anchors down on fun, even with other folks who are allowed to go to banks. There have been one or two outings for lunch, but that's all they really have been - little bright moments. Like I've said before, I'm safer in the house if I don't go out, cos the moment I step out the door, I spend money somehow. All I can say is hooray for the public library. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if I couldn't read. Here's an example - I took out Stephen King's new one "The Dome", it's like a trillion pages long. I finished it in 4 days. Sad. Even sadder is the book was just ok. Could've easily been edited down to at least a couple hundred pages and saved me 3 days. So in other words, no fun has been had recently..... That I can recall. I may have escaped this little apartment one weekend to hang out at Kim's........ I've been out on lots and lots of walks, not only for mah health and all that crap, but to save the bus fare! I tell ya, when the money does start rollin' in, I will be such a dab hand at saving!

And that's pretty much that. I can't believe how long it's been since no adventure havin' fun - and I don't mean working, cos that's not havin' fun for anyone except the bank! Otherwise, hope you're all well up there! Sorry for not checking in, I'll do it more often, regardless of the news!

BYE!
J!




No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...