Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thin Adventures..... Fat Lot of Spare Time!

Hi!


Well. Here we are. Little bit of a delay, yes I spotted that too. Same ol story there though – sparing you the tedium of the boredom that is the status quo here at the moment. But here I am! Let’s catch up (gee, this’ll be quick…..!)!


So. Work. I know, somewhere, out there, there’s a job for me. And trust me, I’ve been applying for as many as am qualified for, including some I just know I’m over- and under-qualified for – gotta cover allllllll those bases! Am just happy there’re even jobs out there to apply for. Did I mention one response I got (a “no thanks”, but that’s beside the point), they mentioned that they had over 180 applicants? Yeah. And that was just for a run-of-the-mill office monkey/marketing assistant. Over 180 applicants. That’s what I’m up against. I shudder to think the numbers of applicants good gigs attract. I wish I could attach a $50 to each application, just to improve my chances……. I’m not above bribery. So the hunt continues. Fingers crossed a good one comes up, and soon. And how!


Otherwise, again, on the Adventure side of things it’s been pretty quiet. Tho last weekend was really nice – went up to the ‘hood of Strathpine and stayed at Kim’s (oh what I’d give to live in a modern, normal apartment/villa/townhouse/anything), and then Sunday we took a tiki-tour up the Sunshine Coast, first to Maroochydore (eh, little, beach is just ok), then right next door (harharhar) to that we stopped in to Mooloolaba (our favorite, hands down. Steve Irwin & family live here, well, family anyways), where we instantly regretted not bringing along bathing suits or hats or sunscreen (oh hi Mr. Sunburn!), but we happily wiggled our toes in the lovely warm sea anyways. Then we stopped for lunch along the modern and busy main drag, er, excuse me, the Esplanade; unfortunately we ate at Coffee Club, it’s a big chain of café’s here and not a very good one, as we always seem to forget; this time we made a solemn vow to never, ever return to any Coffee Club ever again, threat of starvation or not. They have the worst service, the weakest coffee and the most boring food, plus it’s all way overpriced. It seemed like a good idea at the time, plus the aspect was lovely, right on the esplanade with the sounds of a busking saxophonist. Then, after another quick toe in the sea we headed back south, stopping very briefly in Caloundra (small, crowded, slightly run-down and way over-rated) towards Brisbane, stopping first into Redcliffe for an afternoon glass of wine. Ahhhhhhh, made it home in the evening very sunburned (note to self – next time bring beach kit and, oh yeah, CAMERA), very sandy and very happy. I love the beach; wish I’d go more often. With sunscreen.


And really, that’s been it for Adventures. Sad, yes, but not much to be done at the moment! Like I mentioned before, if you want me to go on Adventures, make a donation!


But on the other side of the boring coin, it’s all given me an opportunity to develop little business ideas….. My latest Biz Idea is menu design for local and whoever else restaurants. It would be a neat little niche market, I can build on my skillz without stressing myself out too much or having to go back to get another degree, and if it gets off the ground (highly likely as I have an IT friend keen to help me with a website!), it’ll be some spare change in the bank – hooray! So am building that slowly but surely. This little menu lark is easier to get my head around than my great big desktop publishing/remote office support idea (which I still want to do but as my IT friend explained, gotta crawl before walk – and he would know, just had his 3rd child).


So there. A bit boring, but that’s the way it is for now. Total bummer like fer sure, but, like, y’know? Like wow............ Oh hey, hang on, I can't believe I nearly forgot - don't laugh, well, yeah, go ahead, it's pretty funny............ I won 2 tickets to the (embarrassing drum-roll please........) Whitney Houston concert on the 22nd of February (plus 2 of her cd's)! How funny is that??! Seeing as I "work from home" I listen to a fairly boring radio station (harmless 'office' background noise) and they started giving away these concert tickets. I tried about 3 times just for the sport of it, and got through yesterday afternoon! Imagine my surprise (and slight dumbfoundedness)???? So I quickly called Kim, who also listens to this station, plus I know she actually really likes W.H., and told her what I'd done. Well, turns out she tried to get tickets in November but they'd sold out instantly, both shows, seats going for like $200+ a pop, and she didn't get one, I thought she had, so she's ever so excited to be going! Hooray! I mean, I don't mind, it should be interesting if nothing besides FREE! And really, after all poor ol Whitney's been through, I hope this tour helps get her back on track and sort herself out. So it should be good and way interesting! How funny. Well, now I'll know if any of my comrades read this! Hahahahahaa!


So hope you’re all well up there! Drop a line if there’s anybody out there. But then again, I don’t blame anyone for not reading this. Adventures will happen again. It’s just kind of like the Great Depression of ’09-’10 around here lately, minus the dustbowl and soup kitchen……. So far! But never fear, good things are to come, just around the corner!


BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...