Monday, October 13, 2008

Chicken Pies & the Civil War

Hi!

Well. Sorry for the delay. Lots of errands, a trip to the pub, and then next thing I knew the day (and evening) was waaaay gone! All apologies….. But otherwise the week was good. Busy at work, busy weekend. Busybusybusy. But good busy!

So work. Yep. Is pretty good. The week was crazy busy as boss was winding down before taking off for 5 weeks’ vacation. But the storm has now passed, we have a really nice and funny guy acting in the boss’ job until he gets back, things will be good. For being as tired as I was all day today, I got lots done. And then, as we speak, am waiting for that second load of laundry to finish, took out the trash, etc. Ahhhh, getting stuff done after work – has been a fantastic day for a Monday!

So yeah. Last Tuesday I met Natasha at the pub for 2-for-Tuesday dinner. Mmmmmm. Chicken pie. Was goooooood. And then Friday I went to Cindy’s house and had a couple glasses of wine and pizza(!) with her and her husband Miles (who’s been trying to convert me to Apple Macs and IPods… hmmm) and then we watched “The Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou” – I love that movie. It’s fantastic. I see something different every time I watch it. Bill Murray is most excellent. I highly recommend it.

And then the weekend. It was good. Saturday was kinda weird in that I slept in (cos it was rainy), made a huge breakfast, read my
book for a bit and then, breaking all weekend rules, I sat and watched TV - the first disc out of four in the Ken Burns series about the Civil War. Wow! It’s sooooo good! And then I had a too-long nap, and watched one of my dvd rentals “Fearless” (one of my top fave movies ever), and then next thing I knew it was bedtime! But come Sunday, whew, out of the house at 9am to run errands all day with Natasha and spend money like I had it on a couple “summer” clothes. Then had to rush home to meet a friend from work to go to the pub. And then next thing I know it was 5.30am this morning and time for work! Ahhhhh, it went too fast but it was nice. Very productive in a roundabout kinda way!

And that’s that! Oh yeah, a guy from work has a good friend that lives here from Seattle that he’s been wanting me to meet. She apparently throws a mean Halloween party, which is kind of interesting in that they don’t really “do” Halloween here. It’s not as bad as it was in NZ with their “No Trick or Treaters Permitted”, etc, signs, but it’s certainly not as nuts as it is in the States. So am supposed to go with him this week sometime to meet her and help her plan her party. Cool. I haven’t been to a costume party (or, as the locals call it – ‘fancy dress’) since I was a kid. Am actually kinda looking forward to it. Now what to dress up as………

So there you ar
e. Hey, now that the stock market is floating around in the toilet, the exchange rate has been pretty good if you’re coming here with US dollars (or sending it to me as a gift), or really rotten if you’re, say, me trying to pay off a US credit card in Australian dollars…….. So for now it looks like The Adventures won’t be realized quite as quickly as I’d hoped. Thank you George Bush Jr.! Which reminds me, have just received my early voter ballot – go Obama! Ok. That’s as political as I’ll get. Hope you’re all well – c’mon down!

BYE!
J!


No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...