Sunday, July 13, 2008

Moving in Reality

Hi!

Well. Really, that week passed just like most of the last few have – slow to start and magically it was Friday evening! Hooray! Good week, busy, yet quiet, if that makes any sense. Excellent weekend, so all in all it was all a success!

So work. Yep. Pretty good. Co-worker with nose out of joint is slooooowly starting to come to grips with reality. That’s all anyone needs really is a firm grasp of reality. Not everyone can do it, I now understand, but even if you don’t have a total grasp of it like most people, please, at least give the impression that you do. And this one is getting better at it. Otherwise, work is good. It’s been quiet in that I haven’t been running around the place as much as usual because a lot of the people I have to see are away on their kids’ 3 weeks of school holidays. One more week to go and it’ll be back to usual. So I’ve been busy making some edits to a little booklet. Yeah. It’s actually as exciting as it sounds. But again, never get me wrong, I am always happy to have work that I like! And then Friday ended on a very nice note in that our little department threw a little “end of financial year” wine and cheese party. It was nice. It’s always nice to have everyone chill out together and have a laugh over a glass of wine and nice cheese. You just don’t really get to talk to your (reality-based) co-workers like normal people during work time. So it’s nice when we do things like this. And then after the little work shin dig a few folks and I went bowling. And man, was it a good time. Went with the kids from my old department. Such a good time. I love bowling. Can’t say am that great at it but I have such a good time. And darn it, that’s what counts.

And then Saturday. Errands. See, yeah, I forgot to mention this earlier – I’m moving, again. Only thankfully it’s just upstairs to Emo Girl’s apartment, just here, (on the left, out of the picture, must take more photos) upstairs in the front (away from the driveway, people driving and walking past and basically away from being the first point of contact for anyone coming to or going past my little apartment, or the owners snooping around and peeking in whatever windows they can (usually mine) every other weekend. Privacy! And, bonus, not living underneath Monster Boy anymore – HOORAY! Only now I’ll have to live next to him, so we shall soon see which is worse. I’m going to say living underneath is far worse, but never say never. So anyways, ran errands so the real estate monkeys could shuffle people through my place. Sigh. They’ve done two of these already and so far no takers. Fools. I know it’s dumpy but locationlocationlocation! And, there’s another one tomorrow while I’m at work. So all of this has been really kinda stressful for me in that A) The place always has to look presentable, B) Strangers tromping through my space just weirds me out, maaaan, and C) I have to de-cat the place every time and toss Kona outside, which I really don’t like doing especially while I’m not here for hours at a stretch. But hopefully they’ll get some sucker to take this place soon. Like tomorrow. So yeah, Saturday was busy. But in the evening I met up with the American Guy from San Diego and we went to check out the Picasso exhibit at the Modern Art Gallery. Ehhh. It wasn’t so much about his work but the artists he collected and who inspired him. There were quite a few bits of his work, sketches, sculptures, etc, but it was primarily the art he collected. And man, he had some fantastic stuff. But points to this little modern art gallery in Brisbane to get such stuff as Andy Warhol and Picasso.

And then today has been not move day. So have rented some DVD’s (by mail, kinda like Netflix but not) and hung around on the couch. Hooray! And then here we are now…… Yeah. That was a quick and busy weekend. Want one more day!

So that’s that! Here’s hoping someone takes my little apartment so I don’t have to worry about it every day. And hooray for only needing to move up a flight of stairs! And yeah, when/if any of you come to visit, well, I can’t say there’s more space, but there’s more sunlight! Yeeeaaa!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...