Monday, December 17, 2007

Bowling for Necks!

Hi!

Well. Again, sorry for the delay. Got home waaaaay too late on the school night to be able to make any sense. But here it is!

So yeah. The week was good. Individual days absolutely dragged, but strangely, the week on the whole flew past. I think because we’re getting into the home stretch that the days are crawling. But not this week! Last week before xmas break! Check this coming week out – today (Monday) is a real day of work, Tues is our xmas lawn bowls fiesta starting at noon, so you know no work will get done that day, and then Wed, Thurs and Fri I’m in a course in the City all day 9-5pm and then the weekend and then a half day on the 24th and then a break!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!

So work is good. Yep. Been entertaining myself by building an Access database from scratch, never done it before. It all seems to be doing what I want it to, so, bonus! Otherwise, all’s well – still so happy to have a nice gig!!!

And then there was the weekend. Friday I caught up with Jan and Cindy, who’s just returned from almost 3 weeks in Thailand. She and her husband had never been before. They loved it! They went and saw elephants and monkeys and Thai dancing girls/guys, all kinds of stuff they did. They have a friend who’s been living there for something like 7 or 9 years, so it doesn’t get any better than that as far as tour guides go!

And then Saturday, well, that was an easy day. Sinuses acted up and it was gross hot and humid, so all I had the energy for, besides sneezing my head right off my neck, was really to just sit around and read all day. Picked up "Misery" for a buck at the thrift shop on the corner; haven’t read that for yeeeeeears! It’s pretty good! Funny thing is, for the characters I can only picture James Cann and Kathy Bates – perfect casting!

And then Sunday. Well, we know how that ended up. Went with a guy from work here on a tiki tour up to the suburbs of Scarborough and Redcliffe – two up-and-coming ‘hoods who’s real estate is going through the roof – it’s on the water of course. Very pretty, but some strange houses in that there’d be an ultra-modern house next to a kind of restored Queenslander (a style of wooden, Victorian-looking house, usually up on stilts with a tin roof, etc), next to a 60’s brick house, and on like that through most of the ‘hoods. Still tho, always neat to go for a wander around other ‘burbs! Then we had fish and chips near the little wharf and watched a couple of fishermen try to untangle some really long wire lines. Then we went and played lawn bowls at this nice little bowls club (Bramble Bay Bowls Club) sort of near the water, which was nice as the breeze made bowling in the sun a little more bearable. And then we took a drive up to Mt. Cootha to check out the city lights at night because ain’t no way am I gonna haul myself up there on the little scooter at night. Very pretty. Very spread out city. Lots of black patches (parks, river, forests and, well, stuff I suppose). Not a lot of neon I noticed. And a little further down south you could see the glow of the lights from the Gold Coast! But I have to say, am partial to Mt. Soledad – best city view ever. So yeah, got home far too late to be able to write with any coherence. But it was a pretty good weekend if I do say so myself! Always good to get out, even better when people take pity on me and the fact that I haven’t been to many other suburbs and drive me around on little sightseeing tours. I mean, it’s nice to get out and see how other folks live, but when I tell folks "No, haven’t been there yet…" they’re kind of surprised and say "Well, you need to get out more!" Yeah, perhaps, but why on earth would I go to Mt. Gravatt or The Gap to go to the grocery store when I have one a block from my house????? So yeah. Bless ‘em for taking me around, trying to broaden my horizons for me!!!!!!!

And that’s about that! The weather is pretty interesting. I mean, its gross hot and humid (ahhhh summertime), but the scary black clouds that build up through the day are pretty impressive, even if it doesn’t rain or thunder and lightning. And because of said scary clouds and threat of rain, I don’t ride the little scooter. And I gotta say, it’s been threatening rain for almost a month now. Poor scooter. Poor me for having to endure public transport all the time!

So there you are. Sorry for being late – but it was all for a good cause! Hope you’re all well up there!

BYE!
J!

Weekly: One Good Thing About Little Apartment #19:
It’s a pretty small little place, so it only takes one little lamp to light up the living-room & kitchen!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...