Sunday, December 09, 2007

Head Down in Dullsville

Hi!

Well. There it went. Another week. Man, it's really been feeling like Groundhog Day. I think because there's a week off of work coming, so maybe that's it. Am looking forward to it even if it means no money. A whole week to do what I want, when I want - waahhooooo!!!! But ooooooh, a week with no air-conditioning. The summer is settling in. It's been in the high 80's with 80% humidity. And it wants to rain, looks like rain, but no rain, only the joy of high humidity! So hopefully for the week off, even though it's been notoriously, disgustingly hot and humid at xmas, maybe it won't be as bad. Apparently it's been a cool summer so far, that it's supposed to have been way more gross earlier, like in November. Hmmm. Delayed Florida summer weather is fine with me!

So yeah. Work. Very good. Sorta kinda busy, but not like real busy. People crack me up - why do they wait until most people have left town until January to try to get stuff done? And they all want it like yesterday. Hmmm. Nothing like waiting until after the last minute. But hey, it's those quick flashes of busy that helps keep my days motoring past!And the weekend. Kept my head down, trying not to spend money.

So Friday was here watching old movies ("Dark Passage" Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall). Saturday was bust out the chores day. Then in the afternoon Natasha and Denise came by to visit and check out the little apartment (Denise hadn't seen it yet). It seems everyone has lived in a place "a lot like this one" at some point in their lives. Tho it was usually in their early 20's. Hmmm. And today, well, am supposed to go to the pub to meet Natasha and Juliette for the $4.95 roast lunch. Hmmm. Real food sounds pretty good, but I just know I'll spend more money than I should.

And that's that. Pretty sad, I know. This is what trying to save money is all about - dull. But, it's all for a good cause, even if it makes for incredibly dull reading. Apologies, but unless someone wants to deposit a few grand into my bank account, dull is what you get. So I hope you're all well up there and drop an email sometime!

BYE!
J!
Weekly: One Good Thing About Little Apartment #18: Apartment doesn't come with a stove - no stove to clean when I move out!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...