Sunday, September 09, 2007

Cheap and Cheerful

Hi!

Well. Another week, another weekend. Man. All I gotta say is – I may live in a dump, but I have money to spend on food! This living like normal people is pretty good!

So yeah. The week was good. Busy. Getting to the end of the project am working on at work. Oh yeah! I got extended til December! Hooray! Employment for another 3 months! And even then I could probably go for longer as they keep thinking of training manuals they need my help on. Hooray! And I got a raise! Even more hooray! But "…only because we have to," said the gal at the temp agency. Apparently, because every few months or so the government gives their worker bees a minimal wage increment, the temp agencies have to keep up (if you happen to be contracted out to a gov’t gig for longer than 3 months, or some stuff like that). God forbid I get rewarded for doing a good job or anything. But hey, hooray, more dough for the bank!

And that brings the weekend. Eh, not much. Went to a new mall on Saturday with Natasha – Indooroopilly (say that fast three times). Hmmm. Same shops, different ‘hood. Big damn mall though. I only bought normal stuff – cat toys, shiny necklaces and earrings (am part magpie), a couple tank tops for summer, etc. But otherwise, good to get out and see how the other suburbs live. Eh, just like everyone else really. Wasn’t carpeted like the other mall tho, so not photo-worthy.

And, sadly, that’s really it. The weekend was basically errands and chores, and today (Sunday) saw another mini-sesh at the Plough Inn, over at Southbank, with Natasha, her brother and his roommates and friends. Was very short and sweet. They’re a good group those guys. A few from last weekend. They just make me laugh the whole time. But happy to come home at a respectable, school-the-next-day-hour!

And here we are. Sunday evening, watching "Runaway Jury"; I’m pretty sure I’ve seen this but couldn’t tell you what happens..... Hmmmm, must rent one day...... Or ask my friend, Catherine, the new lawyer!

So that’s that! Next weekend will hopefully be much more exciting – am supposed to be going with a couple gals from work on a winery tour! Will keep you posted, with photos!

Hope you’re all well up there!

BYE!
J!

P.S. Weekly - "One Nice Thing About Cheap Apartment":

Very close to the grocery store - 5 minute walk.



No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...