Monday, August 06, 2007

Moving Around Chickens and Goats...

Hi!

Well. First off, apologies for not checking in yesterday. I ran around all weekend and come Sunday afternoon I’d had it. So Natasha and her friend Veronica invited me to meet them at the pub (The Paddington Tavern, or "Paddo" as it’s known to the locals). And, well, it was a very good evening but by the time I got home I was dead tired and it was waaaaay to late to be making any sense. So here I am, coming to you live from Work! Oooooooh, rebel. Honestly, it’s more "work" than I’ll do all week, and, bonus, I look busy!

So yeah. The week was fast, amazing for not having anything to do. I just know there’ll be stuff for me to be doing…. Soon. But yeah, so far so good. We (our little section) went to the pub for lunch on Friday (it’s across the street from the office. Like right across the street. Excellent) – I love when we do that. And the food is pretty darn good too. We’re getting a new office manager, so we went out for the gal who’s leaving. The new guy seems nice enough……. so hopefully I’ll continue to stay under the radar.

And then packed and cleaned the little apartment during the week, not that I have stuff to pack or much to clean….. Sad to be leaving, especially now with the weather turning into ‘wine on the balcony after work to watch the sunset’ kinda weather…….. Sigh. Oh well. Onwards and, well, onwards anyways…..

So the weekend was full of cleaning and errands to get stuff for the "new" little apartment, because I made the sort of mistake of renting a really expensive, fully furnished apartment, therefore I didn’t need stuff or could afford to pick stuff up along the way (and nowhere to stash it). So here I am. Picked up a vacuum…. an airbed….. clothes drying rack…… yeah.
So. Taking this Thursday and Friday off from work to move and clean and get organized. Then I’m going with Cindy to the Ekka on Friday! I went last year (before I got modern with the digital camera. Oh, I took pictures, just haven’t had them developed yet…. A year later!). The Ekka is their "country comes to the city" fair kinda thing;
http://www.ekka.com.au/home/default.asp – it’s a bigbig fair with horses, cows, pigs, etc, fruit from the farmers, sheep dog trials, a parade of all the prize animals, rides, junk food, wine, cheese, art, everything. In fact, every state in Australia has one and everyone (in said host city) gets the day off to go! Course, most locals don’t, but it’s a day off! I went last year on "Public" day and I had the best time (even if it was insanely crowded) and am so happy to be going with Cindy too (and not on "public" day – less crowds) as she’s an excellent guide – she’s from here and knows all kinds of local stories and history. Ahhh, I’m really looking forward to it! Most locals don’t go anymore, it’s the kinda thing they did when they were kids. But for me, the tourist, I love it. In fact, this morning when I got to Central Station (to catch the train to come to work), hee hee, they had a little pen chock full of sheep, goats, chickens, ducks, etc, with a guy inside to supervise. It was a pretty funny sight to see in the middle of the train station. And lots of people stopped to take pictures and chat to the guy. Good thing I brought my camera today! The pictures didn’t come out so good, so hopefully the guy and his little friends will be there tomorrow!

And that’s about it! Hope you’re all well up there!

BYE!
J!


No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...