Sunday, August 26, 2007

Movin' Right Along! (Aug 26th)

Hi!

Well! Here I am! Ahhhhhh the joys of moving. It took 2+ weeks for Optus to get my phone/internet hooked up. So yeah, that's why I've been off the radar. I hate moving. But, nevermind, here I am alive, safe and sound!

The new, little apartment is, well, it's not new (at least 40+ years old, with the original carpet), but it is little. When we get a nice, sunny day, I'll have to get some photos. But really, I'm afraid it's a massive step down from the last digs. I gotta say, I'm embarrassed to have people over. But hey, it's cheap and I can save and that's the whole point of this move. It's only for 6 months........ Yeah. Hmm.

Anyways, what I did do is write the little blog anways for the weeks I was out of radar contact, so I won't go into all the fun of the move and stuff here - I already did!

So yeah. Anyways, back to the routine now. My god I'll actually have to work a full week next week! I haven't done that in, well, weeks! Hooray (says the bank)! Otherwise, work is still good. I have to admit tho, over these last couple weeks, I haven't been able to really concentrate at work, so I've slacked on the project I'm working on. I feel kinda bad. I work next to a gal who moans and groans and complains and gossips all day, so I have to contend with that. And then I also work next to a lovely gal who's very 18 and she loves to talk. So I have that to contend with as well. I have earphones for the music on the computer, but they can only cut out so much without my being rude. So yeah. Gonna get busy!


And, well, aside from work and settling in, not a lot has been happening. Oh my, it's rained solid for the past two weeks. I know they desperately need it, but it's been feeling like living back in Auckland. And we know how much I loved the weather there!!!! But, today, so far, it's been beautiful. Bright happy sun, little chilly, and the neighbors are smoking and the smoke blows right through my place, but the air around that is clean! Ahhhh, if only it would stay this way for longer than an hour! Ahhh, spoke too soon, here come the clouds. Sigh.

And that's about that! Going to go meet Natasha for our Sunday Yum Cha down by her house, on Caxton Street. Must take that library book back and pay those overdue fines from it being forgotten packed in a box. James Bond book "Live and Let Die". It was really good. I highly recommend them almost over the movies. And that's the weekend!

So hope you're all well up there! All I have to do now is savesavesave and hopefully go on an adventure or two or three and maybe even save enough to come up there!

BYE!
J!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...