Sunday, March 18, 2007

Weak of Challenges

Hi!

Well. What a week that turned out to be. I knew it was going to be a "challenge" and boy was it. Put it this way, by Wednesday I was ready to hand in my 2-week notice. As it is, I didn't, but looks like I will be tomorrow first thing. And no, again, flying by the seat of my pants, I don't have another job to go to. Am putting my fate in the hands of the temp agencies. We'll see what happens. I've been down this road so many times I should set up rest stops and diners! So yeah. Tomorrow, two-week notice, then it'll be to get through the next 2 weeks. Ugh. Not looking forward to that at all. But who knows, maybe she'll be in a good mood because she's succeeded in driving yet another good person out of her bizarre little realm. Everyone else who's had my job (and there have been maaaaany over the last year or two) have left because of her, what's one more? Another bummer will be having to hire the new me, going through that process AGAIN, for the 3rd time in as many weeks. I say, the fun just doesn't stop with this job! Sheesh!

Otherwise, well, sadly, that's all I've been able to worry about. Pretty sad when work sneaks into the house and hangs around on the weekends. Two more weeks.......

So what else..... Was a quiet week and kinda quiet weekend. Natasha invited me to meet her and some friends down at the pub last night for St. Patrick's day drinking. I just went for a couple and then came home. Drunk people are funny only for so long. But it was a fun little night. The place wasn't nearly as packed as I expected it to be, but there were enough people to keep it interesting. And every now and then there was a little group of pipers and drummers (kilts and all) who would wander through, play a couple songs and wander back out. I guess that's what they do is hit a few pubs all night. Was neat. Nice touch. One guy, must've been the little band's manager, kept coming around all of the tables pushing cd's. A guy at our table got so tired of him that he bought a cd to make sure he went away and wouldn't come back. It worked! But last I saw before I left was the cd sitting all by itself on the empty table, no owner in sight. Ahhh well. The pub'll be pleased!

And really, that was about it. Weather was nice and sunny, but thankfully not as blisteringly hot and humid as last weekend. Still hot though. But, 3 weeks into autumn, it's bound to cool off at some point! The sky is getting darker earlier and taking longer to come up in the morning, so cooler air can't be far behind! And once this hot and gross business goes away, it'll be absolutely beautiful for the next 9 months or so. Yeeeaaaa! So c'mon down!


So yeah, I hope you're all well up there! Keep your eyes peeled for flight specials!

BYE!
J!

P.S. Hey, am sorry for ranting on and on about work. I know it's a bummer and boring to hear. Just bear with me over the next couple of weeks and things are certain to improve!





No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...