Sunday, February 16, 2014

The Joys of Minor Plumbing Repairs Under a Cool A/C......!

Riverside bar/restuarant..........!
Hi!

Well. Here we are! Sunday afternoon..... Is a gorgeous, bright, breezy and super sunny day - with the super temperature and humidity to go along with it. But I wouldn't really know, am comfortably tucked in my little office-corner of the little living-room under the nice cool breeze of Pinguino, my best friend the portable air-conditioner! YAY! But yes, most of the chores have been done (tho I'd feel like a fool for bringing the ironing in here to do - wouldn't that defeat the purpose of the a/c??), laundry has been and gone, got a very nice glass of the stand-by white wine that will actually stay cooler for longer now (!), got the hip n' groovy jazz tunes, yes, life is good!

So work. Yep. Is good. I've been busy even if the others have been kind of Another day at the office.........quiet. Not sure how that works out but it's fine by me. They finally let the other editor go (made her job redundant) - she only worked two days a week and sometimes no days if her kid was sick. Soooooooo, not sure what that means for me other than that my place in the world might be even more secure? Maybe? Ha! Tell that to HR, who we're still waiting to hear back from about my contract and the whole PR stuff....... I liked that other editor gal tho, so it's kind of a bummer........ I guess will just keep mah head down and keep busting out the work and hope all works out..........!? Otherwise work is fine....... Folks are starting to plan their epic ten-day Easter/Anzac Day break. Thankfully, because of the whole Jesus thing, A cell with a view........we get the Easter Friday and Monday off and Anzac Day is that following Friday, so most folks are taking off those three days in between. I gave it some serious thought but the bank told me I'd better work and save both monies and those three hard-earned vacation days........ Bank reminding me that if I want to go away for four weeks in July-August and come back with some extra vacation time up my sleeve, I'd better save every day I can get. Besides, everything I thought of doing over those ten days was going to cost a lot. Like, a lot. No matter if I stayed local to Brisbane (Sunshine Coast), or went to Perth, or even England, it was all going to cost a fair bit. So work (and save) I shall! And, as always, just happy to have a nice, decent job that comes with dough and paid days off - that novelty just never gets old!

And then there were a few weekends in there, tho there hasn't been much to
Running errands in the most dangerous store..........
report....... And more apologies for busting my one, weak New Year's resolution of checking in a lot more often. Well. Part of the radio silence has been the disgustingly hot weather (pre-a/c, you see), another big reason is the poor little laptop has been behaving not so well - vereeee slooooow, so last week and weekend was frustratingly spent trying to sort out its poor little over-crowded brain........ It's a little better but I think a new one could be in the very near future (bummer dude)..... And the last other reason is it's all just been pretty quiet around here, so not much to It can't always be the weekend.......report. Surely all two, three of you are tired of reading the same old boring crap weekend after weekend by now.......? I mean, at work we have a little group of us that play the lottery, so until the winning numbers fall our way, it's pretty much Dullsville, AU. Work-home-work-home-chores-work-home, etcetcetc........ And this weekend is even more dull because I've got a very cranky sore throat, think am trying to come down with a cold, and a summer cold too at that - bleck....... So yesterday, between laundry, brief errands and light-ish plumbing repairs (for $2.10 I changed the gasket/seal on the toilet from the tank to the bowl!), all I had the energy to do was watch movies, one of which I can highly recommend called The Way, Way Back. I liked it so much am thinking of watching it again (or at least buying it - excellent soundtrack too)! And that's been the weekend(s)! Oh, one little bright evening
Ahhhhhh - Alcatraz!
- Friday I caught up with my friend Dave who's moved back down here from Cairns/Townsville where he's been living/working in the big scary prison up there, so he just transferred to the big scary one here in town (well, a 'hood out west of town called Wacol) and last week was his first week. Haven't caught up with him in a while, so it was a good evening. Funny, that's two friends of mine named Dave (David) who work in big scary prisons...... Huh.....!

And there you have it! Apologies again for not checking in. Poor little laptop. Otherwise, all is well down thisaway. Surely summer will be on its way out soon and your window of visiting opportunity will again swing open until December..........! Hope you're all well up there.... Getting through what sounds like the world's longest, coldest winter ever (well, not you San Diego...)! If you wanna defrost, c'mon down!

BYE!
J!

Happy (and free) residents at Alcatraz Island!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...