Sunday, May 19, 2013

Sewing Up the Chilly.....

It's....... The Big Pineapple!
Hi!

Well. Here we are yet again, almost like clockwork (it's an old, cranky clock), on a bright, sunny, late Sunday afternoon. The day has been beautiful, warm, breezy and sunny. Everybody is happy, even the cranky ol' crows sound kinda happy for once. It's trying its best to be winter inBamburg, Germany - 2003(?) autumn - it got down to 49 degrees last night - eeeeek! Yes, I know it's not NYC mid-winter, but that's chilly for us tropical folk. And it's not even winter yet.......! But, the nice thing about autumn and winter down here is that the nights may be cold but the day are glorious. Makes it all worth it to endure those stinky summers! Anyways, got the hip n' groovy jazz tunes, got a nice, cool glass of the stand-by sauv-blanc, Lana's Bike (two points to the Kiwis for being able to make a pretty nice sauv-blanc if nothing else.....), yes, on this late afternoon, life is good!

St. George & the Dragon, a Catherdral, England 2003(?)
So work. Yep, is good. Trudging along as one does from one holiday day off to another..... Thankfully we get a three-day weekend around the 10th of June to celebrate the Queen's Birthday. Yay! Oooooh, gosh, I hate to say it, but what will Australia do when the Queen finally shuffles away to her celestial journey.....??? Oh noes, we can't have a day off taken away......!? Maybe they could call it Motherland Day instead....? Hmmmm...... Anyways, work is good. Making excellent progress on The Book No One Wanted (it's, basically, called a "Battle Damage Manual" - it tells them how to fix a broken fighter jet during wartime), and am proud for all the technical, computer programy stuff I've learned. Tho I have heard the rumor that the gal am sort of occupying her space/job while she decides if she wants toVulture sculpture, Tucson return to work after having her first baby, might decide around August if she's coming back or not. Gulp. Ironically, that's when I'll be away visiting my own Motherland...... Ironic in the way that this sort of thing has happened before - if anyone remembers the fireworks and the fun that was the Qld Fire Service....... and how they didn't renew my contract just in time for me to go back to the Motherland for four fun weeks (but was actually just a tres painful babysitting job) - I came home to no job and even less monies...... Hmmmm.... Here's hoping history won't repeat..........!? Otherwise, work is good - ticking along like clockwork (there's another clock reference.......).

Even Kona is not impressed with blog publishers......
And then there was the weekend. Quiet, quiet and quiet. Saturday, did the laundry and some stuff on the computer - actually, was researching new blog publishers and found one with WordPress tho have a lot of work to do to set it up, customize it, load up photos (gee, here's hoping it plays nicer with photos than this one does).... Oddly enough, in most of my searches, this Blogspot or Blogger, or whatever it's now called through Google, comes in at one of the highest rated..... Hmmmmmm. Reading folks' reviews and such, it made me wonder if it would even be worth the pain and trouble of moving to a new publisher....... Maybe I should just spend someMi casa - is small but cozy! serious time with this one and find out where the bugs are, because I know it's not my internet.... Hmmmmm, so that was pretty much yesterday. I mean, after you sleep in, have a shower, make some coffee and something to eat, clean up, do the laundry, fluff around a little, fire up the ol' computer, research stuff, the day is over and it's time for a glass of wine and a movie ("Women on the 6th Floor" really good, cute), which I fell asleep an hour and five minutes into - and I was totally watching it, hell, I had to because it had subtitles, but I don't know, I guess internet blog publisher research can take it out of a gal....... Or the fact it was so chilly out and I had the heater on......

Lawn Ornament!Then there was today. Took the car for a little spin to get gas and toodle around before everyone was really awake to clog the roads with their shopping glee. Then home for breakfast and a sudden burst of curtain-making inspiration. Am in the middle of making a fairly lively curtain for mah little bathroom window. Will post photos when am finished. Never made something like this, but then, how hard can sewing some straight lines be???? It's nothing elaborate by any means, but trying to make something with no pattern to go by, just my imagination and shabby skills........ Then again, it'll only be the second thing I've ever made.......... Ehhh, if it looks good, who cares - I made it! So will hopefullyMasterpieces in progress....... finish that tonight... And will hopefully finish that little movie too! And then that's the weekend over and out! Man, there just aren't enough hours in the days on the weekends. Sure, during a workday, eight hours can seem like an eternity, but eight hours over the weekend are magically gone in the blink of an eye! So unfair. Like, totally. Fer sure.

And that's that! Quiet, but on purpose. It's in mah Somewhere over Lake Eyre, 2012bank account's best interest. Speaking of conserving monies, I extended my trip to the Motherland by an extra week (!) - so I can go visit Grandma! Once I know where I'll be when, I'll email anyone who's interested the dates I'll be around......... Otherwise, I hope you're all well up there! Drop a line if you have any ideas or suggestions how to liven this little blog up or if it's worth swapping publishers? Or hell, just drop a line and say Hi!


BYE!
J!

First-time blooms of "new" Frangipanis (Plumerias)!!!!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...