Monday, May 21, 2012

Reshuffling Weekends........!

Lively office windows in Southbank
Hi!

Well. Here we are. A little late tho...... am sorry..... but we're here now - the sun isn't really shining, cloudy, but the birds are happily twittering away out there, doing whatever birds do on a Monday afternoon. It's lovely and warm and breezy, got some hip n' groovy streaming internet 80's tunes courtesy of SomaFM's "Underground 80's", have a lovely small glass of Hardy's Merlot to go with my late lunch - life is good!

Then again, I could have this guy's job......So work. Yep. Is good. Not been crazy busy, which is good, gives me more time to focus and learn new stuff. And because it's been kind of quiet I took today off as my one 'free' day off a month (man I miss working for the State Government where we got 3 days off a month.....!) so I could finish getting stuff done, because yes, one weekend just wasn't enough. But yes, work is good. Still ever so happy to have been adopted by this team. And, as always, happy to have gainful employment, until the end of March next year that is!Living room Option #2

And then there were a couple weekends in there..... So last weekend, the reason why I didn't check in was because I woke up Saturday morning and decided that in order to perhaps create more space for guests to stay, I'd "flip" the bedroom and the living room as it hadn't been done before and I wanted to see. By myself. I started at 10am and didn't finish until 9.30pm. To say I was beat is anBedroom Option #2 understatement. And get this - when I finished and stood with a well-deserved glass of wine surveying all my hard work, I realized I didn't like what I'd just spent all day plus doing and instantly wanted it back the way it was. Crap. And come Sunday I was too tired, I absolutely ached (those muscles hadn't been used since that year's stint back at Centennial in 2005-6 and boy were they shocked) and was also a little Living room Option #2, view #2depressed in a "this damn apartment is too small, I wish I had my own normal place where people could stay in comfort, etc" kinda way. So I sat and watched Mad Men instead of checking in. Am sorry. But I did make sure to take pictures for posterity and to remind myself why I shouldn't swap them around if I ever get that urge again. Doubtful, but just in case. Hopefully next time I have to shake my furniture up it'll be to move to mah own place once and for all (working on it but hey, Rome wasn't built in a day and neither has the "perfect" villa in that Brendale complex come available for sale). One thing I did learn is that I really don't have as much stuff as it looks like I do. Sweet! One benefit to living in a teeny place with zero storage!

So this weekend, on Saturday, Kim was kind enough to come around andHappy living room! help me undo what I'd done last weekend. Thankfully it took a third of the time to put right as it took to mess up (I should ask for help more often). And to celebrate we went to - guess - Kookaburra for dinner. Man, I say every time I go there if I could marry that place I totally would. Love their food and the quirkiness of the space. Someday if you come down thisaway for a visit, we're totally going.
Dayboro - reclaimed dairy farm land......
Then on Sunday it was up and out early to meet my friend Jan out in the lovely little village of Dayboro (about 45 minutes north-east of Brisbane) for their annual "Chook Show" as a friend of hers was showing some of his Prize-winning hopefuls.....!chickens ("chook" is local-speak for chicken. Cute isn't it?). It was a very small turn-out, apparently most years they get about 300 chickens being shown/judged and this year there were maybe 50; something about in-fighting within the local poultry club (people not chickens I assume), no advertising done, etc...... But regardless of the number of preening chooks on show, we had a good look around followed by a small homemade sandwich Winner!(chicken and egg - har har), cookies and a cup of tea from the local Country Women's Association (for a small donation) - Jan says it's what you do when you go to these little local shows - a sandwich and a 'cuppa' (again, local-speak for cup of tea/coffee/cookie. Cute.) from the old gals. Then, happily educated on the local chooks and who's on top of the roost, we headed "downtown" for lunch at Rendezvous Readers Teahouse cafe, which is a super neat little independent cafe/bookshop Not a winner, but shoulda been.combination. Food was pretty good, staff were nice, and it was just nice to eat in a little bookshop that wasn't a massive big scary obnoxious chain. Go the little local independents! But then by the time I got home from there, cleaned up and organized the apartment a little (from the reorganization frenzy) it was too late to check in.... so I watched the Towering Inferno (original) instead. Have you seen it? It was really good! Tho how could it not be with a cast that included Paul Newman, Steve McQueen (battle of who has the Noms, courtesy of the CWA!most piercing blue eyes), Faye Dunaway, William Holden and even Fred Astaire! And a decent, even relevant story to boot. I know they recently did a remake, haven't seen it, and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't want to because the original was so good. Man, that movie really stands the test of time in my opinion. I highly recommend seeing it or seeing it again if it's been a few years. Which reminds me, I need to add the Poseidon Adventure to my rental list.......! And that was Sunday.

And today was a lovely little productive day off from work (I could so get used to having Mondays off....... tho the bank probably couldn't) to finish all the little things I just had no time to get done over the weekend - laundry, vacuuming, cleaning, organizing, etc - chore was fun (har har har....)! 

And so there you go. See? Again, you didn't really miss much. Contrary to Kona witnesses another thrilling weekend.current trends, I am trying to check in more often, exciting Adventures or not. I quite like my little Sunday ritual it's just that sometimes it's harder than others to muster the energy/time/enthusiasm to rabbit on about how I did or didn't do much over a quiet or exciting weekend...... But I will persevere! Things should get a little livelier come June when Mom comes to visit for a wee while - Adventures! Family! Hooray! So there you go - there's the solution to livelier weekends - come on down for a visit and we can go on Adventures, thus sparkling up the little blog! Hooray - c'mon down!

BYE!
J!
Frangipanis!

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...