Sunday, May 27, 2012

Another Weekend in the Lucky Country......!

Lighting effects in Wellington, NZ
Hi!

Well. Sunday late afternoon. Weather has been absolutely perfect, gotta love any season but summer here! Got some groovy 80's tunes courtesy of SomaFM (the good alternative punky stuff, not the crappy gag-me-with-a-spoon-like-totally top 40 stuff, tho I must say this station has a preference for rare Heaven 17 and Human League tunes.......... hmmmm), got the cool glass of stand-by white wine, the little apartment gets more and more tidy, clean and organized as my guest's arrival approaches this coming Friday, the cat and plants have all been fed and watered, gotta baked potato doing its thing in the good ol' toaster-oven..... life is good! And hey, am checking in on time - life is good!

US vs. Australia Rugby World Cup in Wellington, NZ
So work. Yep. Is way good. Learning new stuff which just makes the week spin past. I have Friday off (sweeeeet) to play Chauffeur and Perfect Hostess, so yes, all is well with work. As ever, always happy to have gainful employment and bonus if I don't mind the work and like the people! 

And then there was a weekend...... another too-quick weekend Alfie, Glen & Alison's catif you ask me. I'm still so tempted to have Mondays off but the bank just frowns and shakes its head. Fair enough, especially if I think I want to buy a house....... But oh to have 3 days to get stuff done...... Oh well, must streamline those errands! Saturday was busy with the usual chores, thankfully the weather improved from Friday's showers and wind and coooold - it was the opposite - the sun was out, the temperature was warm  - perfect for drying 3 loads of laundry on the ol' hills hoist (local speak for round, spinning clothesline - invented here in Australia no less)! And next thing I knew it was Sunday. Time to organize..... amazing how long it takes me just to organize a couple of bookshelves........ But it looks fine for now, need to buy some frames and actually print out someResting on a mini-bushwalk in Cairns photos of friends and family to display. If you think about it, it really is kinda wierd when you go to someone's house and they have no photos of friends or family hanging around the place. My excuse is that I'm a renter, and that's the lamest excuse on the planet, more so in my case when I just don't give a crap about drilling holes into my walls let alone hammering in a few nails. So up with the pictures! Just as soon as I buy some frames, print out the pictures that I like..........

And that was the weekend really. See why I kinda don't check in every weekend? Dullsville, Aboriginal mask, Queensland Gallery of ArtUSA. But hey, if all 3 or so of you are still paying attention, well done. I should send you guys and any regular readers a prize...... like a little boomerang (or something equally as exciting and local) as a reward for keeping up. Honest. This new and improved whiz-bang blogger has stats and even a world map so I can see who checks in where, which apparently most folks (or rather, person) is/are in the US and of all places, Russia. Huh. Well hell, if you're still with it, a prize to you, my one or two friends!

Otherwise, all is well down here. I hope you're all well up there and have perused the handy web links I provided (and updated) over on the right side there - like Qantas, Getaway, TheLittle island, North Queensland Great South East, etc, and are excitedly planning your next trip down here to Australia. It's a happy place, a place where the politicians seem to spend a lot of time arguing who paid for what hooker on which corporate credit card, as opposed to who was born where and if women should have rights - it's a happy, lucky country, with a subsidized medical system, decent public transport and good, fresh food - I highly recommend coming for a visit!

BYE!
J!
Bottlebrush blossom in Cairns
P.S. Here's a lovely article about a guy and his motorcycle trip around Australia, just to give you an idea...... "Finding America's Past In Australia's Present".

No comments:

Eating Pizza and Reading eBooks with Crickets on New Rugs.......!

Hi! Well. Here we are, waaaay late but I guess that was expected............. am sorry. I've planned on checking in each week...